I want full-size with bass as strong as tdk ba200 or stronger. LCD-2?
May 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:
Well then i stand by the pro 900, as the sound sig was made for that type of music. i cnt truly tell you how it does as i dont own it, but i have the hfi 580 which is basically a step down, and the punch is just wonderfull. I also have the dt770 pros and they are simply just too slow for this music.

But ive read that the pro 900's mids are really really drowning in the highs and lows? Even though i want bass, I wanna hear the vocals too, hehe...

May 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #17 of 20
The hfi 580's are known for the same problem, but i really cant tell, vocals come out crystal clear for me. they may be slightly more recessed on the pro 900's though...

Downsides to the 900? Sibilant and Mids are recessed.
Upsides? Very awesome bass, while still retaining clarity.

Your choice, but i wouldnt worry too much as you can always return them. It all comes down to personal preference.

May 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #18 of 20
And also dont ignore the denons, they also have very good bass, except they also have better mids

May 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

But ive read that the pro 900's mids are really really drowning in the highs and lows? Even though i want bass, I wanna hear the vocals too, hehe...

Recalling from memory when I had the 900s, I don't remember mids really "drowning". Or even that recessed for the matter. Just that the bass was annoyingly distracting. It was just so much in quantity that it made my head hurt after five minutes. The headphones were reproducing bass in tracks where it wasn't even in the foreground. The mid bass was amazingly punchy, but the sub-bass wasn't that prominent. The highs were a problem too, being super sibilant and shrill.

I received the pair as a gift and I tried super hard to like them. They went back the next day.

EDIT: Just listened to your playlist and it seems to me that the 900s might actually fit your bill. Judging by your bass requirements, I wouldn't recommend the LCDs (as was already suggested to you. They are sublime, but if you need more bass than the HE-400 can offer, you're gonna have to look for phones which are inherently bass oriented, not neutral. I've owned the Mad Dogs as well, and can safely say that you can cross them out.

Could I ask if these are for Electronic music only or do you intend to use these for other genres as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back