I want a good $100 player with good build quality, good firmware, and long battery life.
Nov 9, 2015 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

JK1

Headphoneus Supremus
I was looking at the Xduoo X3. It looks like a nice player, except that it is crippled with just 8 hours of battery life! They promote the player as being able to hold a huge amount of music(two 128 GB cards full of mp3 files, at 320kbps mp3  around 1700 hours!) yet with just 8 hours of battery life, one could only play 0.5% of that before needing to recharge the player! With two card slots I would expect the player to have even longer battery life, perhaps around 90 hours like the Cowon M2 has. If only this had long battery life I would probably buy one. Will XDUOO ever make a player with long(50+ hours)  battery life? I don't need such huge power output or to be able to power 300 ohm headphones. I would probably use it with earphones between 16 and 32 ohms. I like the two card slots, aluminum case, and affordable price(although under $100 would be even better).

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #2 of 81
  I was looking at the X3. It looks like a nice player, except that it is crippled with just 8 hours of battery life! They promote the player as being able to hold a huge amount of music(two 128 GB cards full of mp3 files, at 256kbps around 2100 hours!) yet with just 8 hours of battery life, one could only play 0.4% of that before needing to recharge the player! With two card slots I would expect the player to have even longer battery life, perhaps around 90 hours like the Fiio M2 has. If only this had long battery life I would probably buy one. Will XDUOO ever make a player with long(50+ hours)  battery life? I don't need such huge power output or to be able to power 300 ohm headphones. 
I would probably use it with earphones between 16 and 32 ohms. I like the two card slots, aluminum case, and affordable price(although under $100 would be even better).

I think the tradeoff is the sound quality and power. If you want a mediocre player with amazing battery life, there are probably a lot of other DAPs that can fit those shoes. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #3 of 81

I think the tradeoff is the sound quality and power. If you want a mediocre player with amazing battery life, there are probably a lot of other DAPs that can fit those shoes. 

I want a good $100 player with good build quality, good firmware, and long battery life. I don't need high power output or the ability to power 300 ohm headphones. The players that seem to have decent battery life are expensive(such as the Sony A17) or have hardware and/or firmware shortcomings like the Cowon M2(many seem to dislike its screen and firmware). 

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #4 of 81
I want a good $100 player with good build quality, good firmware, and long battery life. I don't need high power output or the ability to power 300 ohm headphones. The players that seem to have decent battery life are expensive(such as the Sony A17) or have hardware and/or firmware shortcomings like the Cowon M2(many seem to dislike its screen and firmware). 

Have you tried the FiiO X1? Its jot amazing battery life but it lasts maybe 12 hours.

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #5 of 81
  I was looking at the X3. It looks like a nice player, except that it is crippled with just 8 hours of battery life! They promote the player as being able to hold a huge amount of music(two 128 GB cards full of mp3 files, at 256kbps around 2100 hours!) yet with just 8 hours of battery life, one could only play 0.4% of that before needing to recharge the player! With two card slots I would expect the player to have even longer battery life, perhaps around 90 hours like the Fiio M2 has. If only this had long battery life I would probably buy one. Will XDUOO ever make a player with long(50+ hours)  battery life? I don't need such huge power output or to be able to power 300 ohm headphones. 
I would probably use it with earphones between 16 and 32 ohms. I like the two card slots, aluminum case, and affordable price(although under $100 would be even better).

Why not take a powerbank w/you..? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #6 of 81
Have you tried the FiiO X1? Its jot amazing battery life but it lasts maybe 12 hours.

The X1 is large and has only around 10 or 11 hours of battery life. If it had 30+ hours of battery life, I would have probably already bought one. I plan to buy a Fiio M3, as it is only around $50 and is listed as having 24 hours of battery life. The Fiio M5 is likely to have 35+ hours of battery life with its bluetooth turned off. I guess the M5 is likely to be somewhere between $80 and $100. I will probably buy the M5 as well. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #7 of 81
  Why not take a powerbank w/you..? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Carrying a usb battery pack and usb cable is very annoying. I actually bought some of these, but rarely carried them around. Charging a player from a battery pack loses  around 30% or so of the power(as heat).

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #8 of 81

Check Newsmy A33. It is supposed to have a long battery life.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #9 of 81
Check Newsmy A33. It is supposed to have a long battery life.

This review I found of it on Aliexpress does not seem promising. I guess the problem is that this player is too inexpensive, and is designed primarily for the Chinese market. I want a player designed for the US market, with instructions and all player defaults in English.

'The original menu was in Chinese. Hardly found an English language by browsing all items. The sound is excellent. But equalizers - sucks. It is not possible to make custom. So you have to listen only on the normal playback. Buttons stagger with the board inside. It is unpleasant. The battery lasts for a long time. When playing back from the memory card stop place is not saved. It is not possible to set sleep time during pause. If it turns off when playing from the memory card - start again. Available Auto Power Off turns off even during playback - after a specified time. But overall this device is worth of its price. Seller is reliable and sent this item fast."

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #10 of 81
If you want to talk about powerbanks, Aliexpress players, 80+ battery life please take it else where. This thread is for XDuoo X3 owners and peoples thinking of buying, which you clearly arnt going to JK1, Thanks.

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #11 of 81
If you want to talk about powerbanks, Aliexpress players, 80+ battery life please take it else where. This thread is for XDuoo X3 owners and peoples thinking of buying, which you clearly arnt going to JK1, Thanks.

My purpose for posting in this thread is that hopefully someone who works at Xduoo will read the posts and realize that there are those who otherwise like the Xduoo X2 and X3, but who won't buy one due to the very short battery life. Hopefully  they will consider providing much longer battery life, for at least some of their future models.

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #12 of 81
The X1 is large and has only around 10 or 11 hours of battery life. If it had 30+ hours of battery life, I would have probably already bought one. I plan to buy a Fiio M3, as it is only around $50 and is listed as having 18 hours of battery life. The Fiio M5 is likely to have 25+ hours of battery life with its bluetooth turned off. I guess the M5 is likely to be somewhere between $75 and $100. I will probably buy the M5 as well. 

Why do you need more than 12 hours battery life. Honestly, how much listening are you planning to do in one day?

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #13 of 81
The X1 is large and has only around 10 or 11 hours of battery life. If it had 30+ hours of battery life, I would have probably already bought one. I plan to buy a Fiio M3, as it is only around $50 and is listed as having 18 hours of battery life. The Fiio M5 is likely to have 25+ hours of battery life with its bluetooth turned off. I guess the M5 is likely to be somewhere between $75 and $100. I will probably buy the M5 as well. 

JK1,

I heard Fiio M3 (and likely the entire M series) won't take over 128GB mSD, which was said by JamesFiio.

Just like you, I like Sanda Clip+ with Rockbox too (I have 4). If you insist on +12 hrs battery life though, your upgrade choice may be limited. Sonys A10 series are quite of expensive for what they offer (personally, I don't like their weak power and single mSD slot, in view of their price, though its UI, AptX and battery life is nice).

I would probably get this XDuoo X3 for myself as upgrade over my beloved Sansa Clip+, as XDuoo's Linux UI is probably not difficult to be changed to Rockbox and it has two card slots. IIRC, a member has confirmed in this thread that the Xduoo can handle over 128GB of music.

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #14 of 81
Why do you need more than 12 hours battery life. Honestly, how much listening are you planning to do in one day?

Why should someone be expected to charge a player each day? I prefer to charge a player once a week, although when heavily used(or after the player gets old) charning twice a week wouldn't be so bad. Imo charging every day is unacceptable. Battery life around 40 hours is what I want. Also keep in mind that battery life decreases with time. If a player starts out with 40 hours of battery life, hopefully after a few years the battery life will still be 20+ hours.

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #15 of 81
  Why should someone be expected to charge a player each day? I prefer to charge a player once a week, although when heavily used charning twice a week wouldn't be so bad. Imo charging every day is unacceptable.

You can't be serious. I think working everyday is preposterous too, but that's the way it is. I have no problem of charging my players once every couple of days, especially if the recharge only takes 1-2 hours. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back