I wanna get EAR better than Sennheiser IE80
Jan 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

3rik

New Head-Fier
Hello audio lovers,

Got a Cowon J3 (wonderfull sound)

I've baught a Sennheiser IE80 EAR because I love nice, precise and huge sub-bass/bass

This EAR are perfect for classical, rock, jazz, fusion.

But I mostly listen to technical metal : the huge sub bass/bass are here, but it begins to sound a little muddy :frowning2:

Could you advise me some nice brands of EAR, models having as much bass/sub-bass (or even more) as Sennheiser IE80, but that could keep nice with metal ? I'm thinking about 3 drivers EAR, but I know nothing about brands/models :frowning2:

The aim -once again- is to have as much sub-bass/bass (as clean) as IE80 but keeping "clean" no muddy sound for technical metal (ie Nile) *AND* nice insulation (better than IE80 would make make happier :wink: ).

All this with same price range as the IE80

I really thank you in advance for your help !

Eric

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 7
The Denon C300(immersive tight dynamic bass which is heavier than IE80 and overall more crispy clearier), JVC FX700(amazing subbass heavy IEMs with natural warm wood soundsignature, overall very detailed in mids and extended highs), FXZ200(tight bassheavy with great overall soundquality) and GR07 Bass Edition(very detailed and yet very bassy) are pretty good sounding IEMs with tight punchy dynamic bass and fairly wide soundstage. BTW if you want to try BA IEMs then UE TF10Pro, Westone 3, Sony XBA4, Klipsch Image X10 are recommended and these IEMs offers good bass response compare to dynamic drivers IEMs.

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 7
I would recommend the JH Audio JH5. Keep in mind, the bass impact will not sound the same as the IE8 (slightly less), but the quality of bass will be much better and much more refined (not as bloated).

Jan 29, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 7
Hi,
I know this is an old thread, but I am in the same situation, my Sennheiser IE 80 broke down and I listened the 80’S, but somehow I didn’t get the 80 atmospehere from the 80’S.
I am looking nowdays for the same sound atmosphere like the 80 in the similar price range.
Could you give me a few ideas ?

I tried for a very very short time the Fiio FH 5 and I liked they clear sound but the bass was missing, or I didn’t try all the tips and that’s why ?

Is there somebody who tried them both (I mean the FH 5 and the IE 80) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back