I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard
Jun 28, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #16 of 406
Interesting. I might give them a try since I I have been looking for a classical headphone.

Jun 28, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #18 of 406

Quote:
Did you try to compare them to the K-240MKll for classical music?

Not as of yet.  There are some design differences such as the 240s being semi-open and presumably not as iPod compatible which would deter me from using it outside, but I will say....

The DT660 I find superior to the K701 and K501 for classical.  Hopefully I will get to have it go head to head with the K240s in the upcoming weeks. 

To all who are interested in trying this headphone, please don't forget that headphones.com offers 10% off to all head-fi readers.  This still includes free shipping! Find the code here http://www.headphones.com/?a=headfi10p   

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #20 of 406
How would these headphones compare to the Alessandro MS-1? I know they're probably totally different league, but I've been looking for a closed headphone that has a similar sound signature to my MS-1 and someone has recommended the DT660.

I don't listen to rock or anything that's bass-heavy, prefering to stick to pop, country and instrumental (mostly piano). I enjoy the bright-sounding MS-1 with these genres, as they seem to give my songs a different "life" when compared to listening through my speakers. So I would love to hear your opinion on how these cans fare when compared to the cheaper MS-1. Thanks! :D

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #21 of 406
I have never heard the MS1s.  However someone who bought the DT660 on my recommendation PMed me recently and told me that the DT660s were in their opinion better than their K501 or MS1i.  This person already posted in this thread:)  But I'll let them talk about it if they like.

Quote:
How would these headphones compare to the Alessandro MS-1? I know they're probably totally different league, but I've been looking for a closed headphone that has a similar sound signature to my MS-1 and someone has recommended the DT660.

I don't listen to rock or anything that's bass-heavy, prefering to stick to pop, country and instrumental (mostly piano). I enjoy the bright-sounding MS-1 with these genres, as they seem to give my songs a different "life" when compared to listening through my speakers. So I would love to hear your opinion on how these cans fare when compared to the cheaper MS-1. Thanks! :D

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #22 of 406
Thanks. Would certainly love to hear that person's review on the DT660! Right now I'm trying to decide between the Shure SRH440 and this, if only there's a way for me to try them out in person... but being in Australia, there's little places that offer such options. D:

Quote:
I have never heard the MS1s.  However someone who bought the DT660 on my recommendation PMed me recently and told me that the DT660s were in their opinion better than their K501 or MS1i.  This person already posted in this thread:)  But I'll let them talk about it if they like.

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #23 of 406

Quote:
The DT660 I find superior to the K701 and K501 for classical.  Hopefully I will get to have it go head to head with the K240s in the upcoming weeks. 

I was talking about the K-240MKll, and not the K-240S (S-as the Studio version). Anyway... looks like the DT660 share the same headband as the Ultrasones (not a comfy one) .
frown.gif

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #24 of 406
well, it is possible this could be a future buy now, my HD598s just kicked the bucket thanks to some very bad cable replacement advice from a sennheiser rep

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #26 of 406
Thank you for your review.
As I was looking for a closed "classical headphone" I bought them on your advice. I found the soundstage of the dt  770 very tiring as it seamed the instruments where behind my left and right ear. Also had good experience with the analytical sounding inear Phonacs for classical music.
After listening for a few weeks I am very happy with them. They produce a smaller soundstage even with the stepdance, which amp produces a kind of arctic soundscape.
I use them a lot with the total bithead although I have to put the volume way up. 
I once switched back from Denon 2000 (I know, sometimes I just like to blow my head off with bombastic classical music) to the dt 660 and the difference in detailing was huge.
Great advice

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #27 of 406

Quote:
Thank you for your review.
As I was looking for a closed "classical headphone" I bought them on your advice. I found the soundstage of the dt  770 very tiring as it seamed the instruments where behind my left and right ear. Also had good experience with the analytical sounding inear Phonacs for classical music.
After listening for a few weeks I am very happy with them. They produce a smaller soundstage even with the stepdance, which amp produces a kind of arctic soundscape.
I use them a lot with the total bithead although I have to put the volume way up. 
I once switched back from Denon 2000 (I know, sometimes I just like to blow my head off with bombastic classical music) to the dt 660 and the difference in detailing was huge.
Great advice

That's awesome! Thank you.

I'm not sure I ever felt that the DT770 ever felt much behind my head.  I have to check again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back