I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard
Jul 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #61 of 406
Quote:
Funny, I was talking to my cousin about this. He is a diehard stereo audiophile who loves classical music and has a gramophone guide for classical recordings. The guide ranks and recommends recordings for a given composer and gives listening notes for each record they review. But it does help to have an audiophile store who has good tate
smily_headphones1.gif

I've spent part of this evening listening to piano transcriptions of Bach's organ works, Vol. I (there are 10 volumes so far!) on Hyperion CD.  Fabulous playing with fabulous sound.  My DT-660's did them proud.

http://www.amazon.com/Demidenko-Plays-Bach-Busoni-Johann-Sebastian/dp/B000002ZQO/ref=sr_1_8?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1341884105&sr=1-8&keywords=bach+piano+transcriptions

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #63 of 406
Quote:
better than the k701 and 501? high praise indeed.

def need to check these out

Please apply the same filter to any and all claims that you would apply to someone who had never heard anything beyond the SR60 or a decent pair of IEMs - there is no silver bullet in this hobby, sadly. I've enjoyed DM's posts over the years but I apply healthy dose of skepticism to anything described at 'the best', regardless of how narrow the definition may be. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #65 of 406
Quote:

Please apply the same filter to any and all claims that you would apply to someone who had never heard anything beyond the SR60 or a decent pair of IEMs - there is no silver bullet in this hobby, sadly. I've enjoyed DM's posts over the years but I apply healthy dose of skepticism to anything described at 'the best', regardless of how narrow the definition may be. 

right, but "better than k701 for classical music" is something i can live with.
obviously i need to hear these beyers, but i rather liked the k701 for classical, so this has me excited :p

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #72 of 406
They may not be open headphones, but I guarantee you they leak plenty of sound. I believe the marketing term is 'semi-closed'. I initially bought the DT440 in the vain hope of using them in the office - my co-workers soon put a stop to that, Same design.

This thread is going a long way to talking me into another pair of 440s, oddly enough. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #73 of 406
i cant say that they leak, never saw them on anyone else's head than mine.

but what i can say for sure is that they isolate better than the dt1350 - and that's freaking good

same design on the ouside yea, but have you ever opened them up? i did with the 660 and they're closed as can be.

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #74 of 406
Quote:
i cant say that they leak, never saw them on anyone else's head than mine.

but what i can say for sure is that they isolate better than the dt1350 - and that's freaking good

same design on the ouside yea, but have you ever opened them up? i did with the 660 and they're closed as can be.

hmm, better than the dt1350 at isolation?
man, these cans keep getting better :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back