I tried the Entempo out and am now asking for advice.
May 3, 2005 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NeoPoe

100+ Head-Fier
For $100, it isn't a very bad player, although I do have gripes:

The songs cannot be ordered by folders, browsing through songs is a painful process, and making playlists requires either WMP10, other proprietary software, and/or manually configuring them on the player.

The headphone jack was designed for mic use as well, and as such, the poles make it difficult to use certain headphones. However, it does sound nice (can only vouch for MX400s, V6s, and KSC-35s).
smily_headphones1.gif

The device itself really isn't that heavy. It's large by today's standards for MP3 players, but it is very cozy. All in all, it was a purchase, but I have to admit that the afformentioned flaws have encouraged me to spend $100 on a well built flashplayer or invest some more in another HD player.

So I'm asking for advice:
What HD MP3 player would you recommend that has

1. Organizing songs by folders.
2. Easier playlist management.
3. Universal Mass Storage capabilities.
4. Is around the $200 to $250 mark.

Reliability is a must -- the Karma has always intrigued me but build issue was something I became very leery of, however, I bring this up because the player will be used for car/sitting situations. (Portability can take a slight hit... size isn't as terrible of an issue.)

May 3, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 2
I would consider the Archos XS200. It's cheap (probably not much more than $200 online now), small, organizes by folders, and making playlists on the device seems like it'd be easy also (it gives you two windows, you just copy songs/folders from one window to the other).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back