I tried B&O and it seems like it lacks bass very much
Dec 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 10
Uh. B&O is a bit too general :) Which B&O?

Dec 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 10
The more reference quality they are, the more they "lack" in bass.  Headphones that give you that great hard hitting bass are always colored, inaccurate, and unnatural.  That isn't to say that reference (or an attempt at reference signatures) is good, or bass heavy headphones are bad, but that's why most prestigious companies attempt to have those "bass light" headphones.... it's apart of an audiophile's balanced breakfast.

Also, I can think of significantly more bassy headphones that are absolutely terrible because of their bloated inaccurate bass.  A good example of terrible headphones due to their inaccurately bloated bass are every Bose headphone, anything from Beats, any pretty much anything else that can be had from Walmart, Bestbuy (excluding Magnolia centers), RadioShack...etc.  It's okay to want more bass, but if you have headphones that are accurate, and you're listening to bass-heavy stuff like electronic, rap...etc, but it isn't bassy enough for you, then it's not the headphones, but the kids in their garage making low quality recordings while using their studio "reference" quality Beats headphones (assuming the music should emphasize in the bass area).  Properly recorded music with a properly balanced headphone will give you an accurate soundscape, and the best headphone isn't the one that gives you the best sound, but rather the one that loses the least.

In the end, it's okay to to have very bassy headphones, but it's much better to have significantly more precise and accurate headphones that you can EQ.

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #9 of 10
  The more reference quality they are, the more they "lack" in bass.  Headphones that give you that great hard hitting bass are always colored, inaccurate, and unnatural.  That isn't to say that reference (or an attempt at reference signatures) is good, or bass heavy headphones are bad, but that's why most prestigious companies attempt to have those "bass light" headphones.... it's apart of an audiophile's balanced breakfast.

Also, I can think of significantly more bassy headphones that are absolutely terrible because of their bloated inaccurate bass.  A good example of terrible headphones due to their inaccurately bloated bass are every Bose headphone, anything from Beats, any pretty much anything else that can be had from Walmart, Bestbuy (excluding Magnolia centers), RadioShack...etc.  It's okay to want more bass, but if you have headphones that are accurate, and you're listening to bass-heavy stuff like electronic, rap...etc, but it isn't bassy enough for you, then it's not the headphones, but the kids in their garage making low quality recordings while using their studio "reference" quality Beats headphones (assuming the music should emphasize in the bass area).  Properly recorded music with a properly balanced headphone will give you an accurate soundscape, and the best headphone isn't the one that gives you the best sound, but rather the one that loses the least.

In the end, it's okay to to have very bassy headphones, but it's much better to have significantly more precise and accurate headphones that you can EQ.

What about Bowers and Wilkins headphones? The one that I tried in Apple store that looked like this one http://www.amazon.com/Bowers-Wilkins-Mobile-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B003IHUHGE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386594665&sr=1-1&keywords=wilkins+headphone
 sounded better than B&O in my ears...

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #10 of 10
What about Bowers and Wilkins headphones? The one that I tried in Apple store that looked like this one http://www.amazon.com/Bowers-Wilkins-Mobile-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B003IHUHGE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386594665&sr=1-1&keywords=wilkins+headphone

sounded better than B&O in my ears...

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, my current favorite everyday use headphone is the P7. It is heavy on the bass, but it doesn't scale across the spectrum, nor is it even remotely muffled or congested. In the end it's what makes you want to put a pair on and have fun, and if that means listening to colorful tinted soundscapes....then who's to say that's wrong? I'vI'vee used more accurate ones...more neutral.... but I'm not wearing those 15 hours of the day like I am these. Good luck on finding whatever sound you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back