I thought the Arcam CD73 had a Wolfson DAC
Jan 7, 2006 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dead of night

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I just bought an Arcam CD73 CDP. The reviews of this unit stated that it now comes with a Wolfson DAC, but the specs in my manual state that the CD73 comes with Sigma Delta DAC. Are these the same thing, or are they different?

Jan 7, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
Hi. I just bought an Arcam CD73 CDP. The reviews of this unit stated that it now comes with a Wolfson DAC, but the specs in my manual state that the CD73 comes with Sigma Delta DAC. Are these the same thing, or are they different?

Wolfson is a brand, Sigma Delta is a type.

/JF

Jan 7, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 8
How do you like it so far? I just bought a CD73T on Audiogon and I'm waiting delivery. I probably won't get it until end of next week. This will be my first CD player and I've been mostly using DAPs so I'm looking forward to how the sound will improve.

Jan 7, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
How do you like it so far? I just bought a CD73T on Audiogon and I'm waiting delivery. I probably won't get it until end of next week. This will be my first CD player and I've been mostly using DAPs so I'm looking forward to how the sound will improve.

I like it very much, mine's in the black finish. I use it with a Ray Samuels HR-2 headphone amp, and currently, Sennheiser HD-480 headphones, with HD-650 on the way from Todd.

When I first played it, brand new, I was shocked by how little bass existed, and how shrill the mid-range was. However after a few hours, the CD player began to settle into a diametrically opposite sound: deep rich bass, smooth mid-range, pleasing treble. It would be nice if the sound continued to improve as time goes on. I would describe the sound as thick and warm and powerful with the HR-2. I can't wait to receive and break in the HD-650.

Jan 8, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
I would describe the sound as thick and warm and powerful with the HR-2.

I like the sound of that!

I have a HR-2 on the way from a Head-Fi'er as well. Can't wait! It still feels like Christmas. Thanks for your impressions.

Jan 8, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
I like the sound of that!

I have a HR-2 on the way from a Head-Fi'er as well. Can't wait! It still feels like Christmas. Thanks for your impressions.

Hey socrates, once you get yours, see if you can figure out for me how to clear a program. There is no "clear all" button on the remote and I'm stumped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back