I Think We're Being Had
Aug 30, 2014 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MP3guy

Head-Fier
Just bought a new Fiio X3 to enjoy my music, and I've been busy ripping everything to FLAC files. Happy with the results. I follow Chick Corea on line, and he just released a new solo album. I've owned and listen to plenty of his stuff, so don't know if I would buy more.

An MP3 download of the album is 10 bucks.

If you want the so-called "HD" download (they mean lossless) it's $25 for the download. So we're paying for a higher quality codec, produced by different software. I don't see how the markup is justified.  

Aug 31, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 3
It isn't justified man. They offer the higher quality file at such a high price because they know that the people who really care about the quality will pay it. 

Aug 31, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 3
  It isn't justified man. They offer the higher quality file at such a high price because they know that the people who really care about the quality will pay it. 

ding ding ding, there's a definitive demand for it. So they offer a fairly "limited" supply at a higher price

and I meant he supply is limited, in that the vendors who are selling it, are ofc marking it up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back