I think my HP-1000's have finally broken in...
Mar 16, 2006 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

recstar24

Can Jam '10 Organizer
So I got these about 3 months ago I think and they had probably less than a couple of hours if even. I did not want to take the risk of leaving it on continous playback so I figured I would break them in the good ole' way...

Well, after listening today, the sound seems so much more open up top, the bass has this amazing body and texture, with killer impact and it is so tight and visceral. The midrange appears more full and fleshed out, but the soundstage has simply bloomed like I could never imagine, I am getting this sense of depth with layers of sound in front of me that I simply wasn't picking up for some reason last week.

These babies have finally clicked and they are "it" - they shall remain as my true reference monitors for quite a while I would imagine
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #2 of 10
After Joe replaced my HP2 drivers and cable I ran them for about 240 hours before they had the magic I remembered.

Then I sold my RS-1’s.

Congratulations the HP1000 are special.

Mitch

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
After Joe replaced my HP2 drivers and cable I ran them for about 240 hours before they had the magic I remembered.

Then I sold my RS-1’s.

Congratulations the HP1000 are special.

Mitch

Hey Mitch,

Yup, sounds about right to me. I would say I have probably put around the 250 hours mark for the past couple of months I have had them and the magic you speak of is exactly what I am referring to in comparison to my past HP-1000's.

I just sold my RS-1's as well
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 10
those old joe grado drivers are tough lil nuts - the drivers look like they're carved out of mammoth tusk or something, i'm not surprised it took that long to break in. congrats on your NOS firing on all cylinders!

Mar 16, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 10
Congratulations and welcome to true audio bliss. You should listen to them with the recordings I have given Mr. Samuels.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 10
I'm feeling the HP2 love. I was really surprised when you sold both of your HP2s, but I'm glad you've found a replacement. Hold on to these, as they are truly reference cans.

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #8 of 10
I just busted out "Eruption" by EVH, and the HP-2 destroyed this track - you could clearly hear the amp buzz between the insane shredding. It's amazing how tight Eddie's fretwork is - you can really hear each note just carving into your ears and these cans are just the surgical tool to get the job done. My ears felt violated after this - who said Joe Grados' were boring? Not Moi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back