I think I got ripped off from the Hd-555 dealer
Mar 14, 2006 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
I didnt check the box when I got it. When i got home....I just open the box and there was no plastic seals....I just have to pull some tab and take out some plastic cover...There was no instrutional booklet..

ONly the headphone and the 1/4, 1/8 plug...

Is this suppose to be it? I thought they package everything and secure everything

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 15
I don't have the HD 555's, but I'm thinking of getting them.

Possibly, that's it. When I opened my DT880's today, there was only a guarantee sheet and the adapter... it made me go What?

But then again, these are headphones. I guess they expect you to already know how to use them and all.

Question about the HD555's - did you have to open (cut) anything, or remove tape, or anything like that that would damage the box? 'Cos I'm thinking of getting some 555's, but in case of returns, I have to make sure the box looks like I haven't opened it at all...

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 15
Sounds about right. I don't remember the HD555 packaging exactly, but I have my HD595 box right here and it's as you describe. It has a tabbed opening in the front, which upon opening creates a three-panel box. To get at the headphones, you just remove the molded plastic that holds them in place.

There's really no special packaging to it. No instruction booklet came with mine either. (It's a headphone - plug it in and go!) Unless you purchased from a very shady dealer, I'm pretty sure you're ok.

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 15
I've bought two sennheisers packaged in the big box like the 555 comes in, they were the 515 and the 555, both of them didnt come with instructions, who told you they come with instructions? Well I dont think they come with them at least in the U.S.

and both do not require cutting anything, its just a plastic molding you pull out easily. Yeah its not as secure as a sealed plastic packaging that takes the jaws of life to rip open, but I'm sure its new. Both of my headphones come packaged like this.

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #7 of 15
Why would you need instructions on how to put on some headphones?
confused.gif

I'd understand some of the IEM's, but ... o.o

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Why would you need instructions on how to put on some headphones?
confused.gif

I'd understand some of the IEM's, but ... o.o

Yeah, someone should sue their asses....
tongue.gif

I remember one of the best instructions i found on a shirt once. "Do not iron while wearing"

Mar 15, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #9 of 15
The Grado packaging was awesome... Foam to protect them, a piece of paper warning you not to listen too loud, a warranty card, the 1/4 plug adapter and the headphones. I also did a double-take when I opened it cause the usual free AOL CDs and 134 page manual and the other nonsense wasn't included.
rs1smile.gif

~ Brett

Mar 15, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #10 of 15
That's indeed how they come.
Ordered some 580's from amazon and they sent the 555 by mistake. They were just as you described.
BTW, emailed amazon about their mistake, thought it would be a big hassle and time before I got my 580's. This was 4 pm.
Had the 580's in my hands 8:30 the next morning from my front porch.
Never did find the parachute
confused.gif

Now that's what I call service. Told me to ship the 555's back at my convenience on their dime.
Jim

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
Just to make sure, What does the HD 555 include? Just the Box, headphone, 1/4 plug, 1/8 plug and thats it right?

There are no papers or Warrenty sheet...is that right?

Yes, that's correct. Stop worrying and go enjoy the headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #15 of 15
Didn't see any in mine, but as soon as I realized they weren't the 580's, I just put them back in the box and didn't explore any further, but didn't look to be to many hidding places. My 580's did come with paperwork and different box.
You can always contact Senn. to find out for sure.
Best of luck........Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back