I think i broke my 595's
Mar 28, 2006 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

natlazaro

New Head-Fier
when i got home today i started listening to music and to my dismay i find that the right is louder than the left. ive tried my soundcard and its not that, other headphones work just fine, so i went looking for a replacement cable, and i can't find any! is my 595 not repairable?
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 12
Since there are instructions for cable mounting, there must also be replacement cables available - drop support a line. This might also be covered by warranty, check the terms and conditions.

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #4 of 12
Use Audacity to generate a mono test tone. Then use the balance control to shift the sound left or right - is there really an imbalance? It might just be a function of the way the music was mixed.

Mar 29, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Use Audacity to generate a mono test tone. Then use the balance control to shift the sound left or right - is there really an imbalance? It might just be a function of the way the music was mixed.

Yeah, there's an inbalance, ive been using my sound card to even it out, i just can't live with it anymore though lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbintoro
natlazaro, how long have you been using the HD595?

not long at all......i ordered it from newegg december, haha, the sad thing was that ive been taking care of it..=(

i think im just going to send it to sennheiser and have them fix it, im not good at soldering lol.

Mar 29, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by photek
is newegg an authorized dealer? or does that matter?

i have no clue, i emailed them asking them that same question....hopefully i can still get my rma from them, i dont know much about warrantys when it comes to newegg lol.

Mar 29, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senn20
Are you plugged directly into the soundcard with the supplied 1/4" to 1/8" adapter? If you can, try the headphones in a 1/4" headphone jack without the adapter.

I would but i dont have anywhere to plug it into, ive already bought a new 1/4 1/8 adapter for it since the one that came with it was already not working lol.

i'll go buy a new adapter for it tomorrow, hopefully that's the problem, then i wont have to send away my baby =)

UPDATE: Sennheiser does accept rma's from newegg, so anyone planning to buy sennheiser products from newegg, go for it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back