I now know how Bose Sucks
Nov 17, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #76 of 88
I agree on their home theater. The 901s are the only worthwhile speakers they made. If you can't give credit to the 901s then you really are just bashing Bose for the sake of it.

And I guarantee that 90% of the Bose bashers haven't listened to the On-Ear TriPorts, outside of, maybe, at the store. Or the QC15s. Which rock.

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #77 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by tribestros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree on their home theater. The 901s are the only worthwhile speakers they made. If you can't give credit to the 901s then you really are just bashing Bose for the sake of it.

And I guarantee that 90% of the Bose bashers haven't listened to the On-Ear TriPorts, outside of, maybe, at the store. Or the QC15s. Which rock.

Well you can count me as the 10% who bash them and have OWNED their product. I have owned the OE and QC2s...and to me, they were nice $30 headphones that I really overpaid on.

As I mentioned the noise cancellation on the QC15s is amazing, but they still sound like $30 headphones. And good IEMs like Senn IE8/Westone 3/Shure SE530s/ER-4P/etc.... are all in the same price range with noise isolation even better and sound in a totally different league.

I'm not saying that Bose headphones are trash...I'm saying for the money you could do so much better. I was at Bestbuy today and noticed the OE were going for $249...you can get Grado SR225/AKG K702 (Headroom B-Stock)/used HD650s for this (and all are better headphones IMO).

The QC15 are $349, you can get new HD650s/K701s/DT770/DT880/IE8/W3/SE530 for this and all are better options.

I don't even know how I got dragged into this thread, when I simply offered up some alternatives that were of better value.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #80 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't even know how I got dragged into this thread, when I simply offered up some alternatives that were of better value.

jecklinsmile.gif

Just use the search function to see how others feels of Bose

Were they all right about Sennheiser veils? What about the Grado top end, were they right?

Sweeping statements with your proof being everyone else says it. They're not the best but they are out in the UK market at less than what you say. For the UK, you are exaggerating the price.

I have seen them out at £110. http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz....shtml?fshopIf you convert that to Canadian dollars, you get $199. I've also seen them cheaper. On that site, you also get half price In ear if you want.

They are less than a Sennheiser HD25 http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...ctiveda3064-21 = $254

These http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-P...8492750&sr=8-1 at £25 are a bargain although not open. £25. More open than the Bose and a quarter of the price. Then, they're a pretty unique type of headphone for that money. Beyer do some quite nice closed headphones, but the trouble with them and the Senn HD25 is that they squash your head and some people can't wear them for long.

That's where some people just get on with the Bose. It's like having a pillow on your ears and they can wear them for a long time.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #81 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We can all criticise but once again, derogatory jokes just don't cut it in a supposedly educated forum.

Well, with 90% of Bose bashers never having tried them, providing no proof to back up their chat,it's hardly an educated forum.

Quote:

For portability, I mentioned that here are a whole host of IEMs for the same price range (Westone 3/Shure SE530/IE8/....) that are way more portable and isolate way more sound and sound way better!!!!

That's quite a benign statement.
IEM's by their very nature are more portable than any headphones, even foldable headphones. And sticking something in your ear, instead of having it sit on top of your ear, is always going to be a different/better solution.

Quote:

Just use the search function to see how others feels of Bose.

Again, with so many people never having listened to Bose, or giving any evidence of them having listened to Bose headphones, that's a benign statement.

All we have is your word that you've owned a pair. We have to take that as read, but you could be telling porkies, just to prove your point! How are we supposed to know whether you've owned a pair or not?

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #82 of 88
We don't all hear the same. For instance, I really don't like harsh, treble filled headphones so for me, a gentler top end is a bonus.

For example, I love the Senn HD650 sound and the HD600. The Bose isn't the be all of high definition, but it is a pleasant listen that many people find impressive on first hearing. It is definitely not sibilant for sure. It has a very strong bass which has been referred to in the reviews that have appeared on this site and it has been stated as being overwhelming and muddy. To some extent, that can be overcome with an amp. (Just like the Senn 650 can shine with certain amps)

I just don't like to see wholesale damning of something because everyone agrees. Before long, it all becomes the truth whereas some people are perfectly happy with their Bose headphones.

I use them sometimes myself and I don't find them un unpleasant listen and we ought to be a little more careful sometimes about how we say things and describe things. Derogatory remarks do nothing except (I suppose) make people laugh which is not so funny when you do it back to the very people that start it.

Anyway, I've been having a bit of fun with this just making a few sweeping little statements of my own. Soon, they'll all be true as well.

In all honesty, they are not the best but reports of them are exaggerated.

Ian

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #83 of 88
I'm gonna review my friend's father's noise cancelling Bose headphones when I get my amp and see how much they improve with proper amping. Should be fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #84 of 88
Quote:

As I mentioned the noise cancellation on the QC15s is amazing, but they still sound like $30 headphones. And good IEMs like Senn IE8/Westone 3/Shure SE530s/ER-4P/etc.... are all in the same price range with noise isolation even better and sound in a totally different league.

Please name those $30 headphones. I want to buy some as gifts. Yes, I am serious, some friends really like the sound of QC15 and don't care for noise cancellation. Thank you.

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #85 of 88
I'm gonna review my friend's father's noise cancelling Bose headphones when I get my amp and see how much they improve with proper amping. Should be fun

Good for you.

... it's a good idea to try before you buy because they just may not be for you.

Noise cancelling will introduce a small amount of hiss. That happens in a lot of those types of headphones. The thing is, in noisy situations, you wouldn't hear that hiss so easily but at home you will.

You may like to try them with NC turned off. Some headphones work that way as well although it does change the sound signature of them.

Even the Sennheiser PX450 hiss. I have them too. The Goldring NS-1000 is a very good noise cancelling headphone if you need one. In the UK, they retail at around £80. Amazon.co.uk: goldring noise cancelling headphones Again, I also have those.

Ian

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #86 of 88
$229? $249?

Hmmm...they're on BB's site for $179.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back