I now know how Bose Sucks
Nov 11, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #16 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogbane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Bose AEs sound very nearly as good as my HD650s. Add the comfort factor and isolation, and I actually prefer them much of the time.
People like Bose because they sound good, not because they haven't heard "better"
By the way, what you perceive as "more sparking" is probably just brighter.

Flame On!!

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #18 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogbane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just can't figure out why they get such a bad rap here,

they get 'a bad rap here' because most people have never actually tried them, they just concur with a few negative comments from people who they think know a lot, because they think it makes them look more knowledgeable than they actually are.

like the numpty who spent 2 minutes slagging off B&O and when i asked him 'when he last listened to a B&O system', he just looked at his feet. Yeah ... that's what i thought!

enjoy life, be free, live long and prosper.

I'm not here to say Bose are the 'be all and end all' but i enjoy them, it's my money, and so what's wrong with saying that i like them. its just the futile attitude of some here who want to boost their tiny ego's.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #19 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bose=unbelievable overpriced

BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #20 of 88
These; "you can buy better for half the price" comments are never followed up by any comparisons .... curious! I refer honorable ladies and gentlemen to the comments given a moment ago.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #22 of 88
comparison, pictures of them side by side, sound tests! There is no 'One' best headphones, and everyones ears are different. I heard one 'Knowledgeable' chap describe a Linn system as "shrill'. Linn is one of the least "shrill" systems I've ever heard. Warm, full but shrill?? People like different things in their music, and I expect mature people to understand that. obviously that's not the case.

I hasten to add that I only enjoy the AE and OE. The IE's i couldn't get on with, and I don't do NC. If you want decent NC headphones, buy yourself a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1's.

The rest of the Bose gear, systems and that I'm not interested in all that stuff. I like small and simple set ups, so i went with a pair of Dynuaudio MC15 speakers.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #23 of 88
Well, I'm on the Bose bandwagon but not B&O...those speakers are outrageous overpriced, why spend the money on B&O when Martin Logan and Definitive are in the same price range? Electrostat MLs and the Powertower DefTechs embarrass whatever B&O has to offer.

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #24 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by tribestros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, I wouldn't go as far to compare them with 650 Senns, but mid-line Senns aren't as rich as the Bose.

I believe you. 90% of sennheisers line is awful IMO, and this includes the HD650. edit: Well, with the HD650, I think this is a matter of personal taste, but I think a lot of the sennheiser line is legitimately bad.

Nov 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #26 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

I like my more accurate description:

BOSE = Bloated Overpriced Sound Equipment

Tbh, though, there are ranges from established audio brands which (due to competition) are now relatively bad for the price e.g. Shure's in-ear range (except SE530), Sennheiser CX series, Sennheiser PC series. The only difference is that all of Bose's products are bloated and overpriced.

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #27 of 88
Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

If you had not left us the same day (1 1/2 months ago) you might have learned even more...

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #28 of 88
Some people's hearting is bad enough that they dont see differences between bad headphones and good headphones.
In france a bose circum costs as much as a hd25, only problem is that the circum is not much more than a classy skullcandy. I tried them a few times at my uni's library and they couldnt get remotely close to the hd25 (even with the steel cable and pleather pads).

Why dont real artists use bose? its not like they know anything about music right?
You want better for cheaper: sound magic pl30. Closed cans? Even the pana hxt7 sound better than the OE.

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #30 of 88
Exactly. Bose doesn't have bad sound, but are overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back