I need your guidance...
Dec 24, 2018 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

macaumetal

New Head-Fier
Hi,
My name is Gus I'm from Argentina and I'm thinking of buying some gear for my everyday music listening on my phone.

I listen to Metal, through flac files or via Tidal.

I own a Samsung S9 Plus

I'm considering either the Fiio FH1 or the F9 Pro but since I don't have the chance to listen to them I'm asking for your help. Which one would you recommend?

Also is it worth it to add a DAC, like the Dragonfly Black or the Fiio Q1 Mark 2?

Thank you very much, I hope to learn a lot from the community.

Gus

Dec 24, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 9
How much are you willing to spend and do you like a lot of bass or more of a neutral sound?
I like a thick sound with the proper amount of bass but not too much. I like to feel the double bass, but I don't want a ball of sound. Sorry if I'm being too vague here.
Regarding the budget, keep in mind I'm in Argentina so the F9 Pros would cost like 230 USD aprox(10.000 argentine pesos) for that amount I could also get the FH1 + the Dragonfly Black.
If i were to buy them on Amazon I would have to pay 50% more in taxes plus shipping.

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #6 of 9
It seems you want to stay with a IEM and the F9 has gotten some good reviews. Fiio is known for a getting a lot for your money. I checked Amazon here and they are 140 USD maybe it would be cheaper for you to buy from Amazon.us and ship to Argentina. I have bought stuff on Amazon from other countries and it went smoothly.

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 9
My advice would be to upgrade your iems. IMO, that would be the biggest bang for your buck at your budget. For headphones, I can recommend the Meze Classics and for iems, 1more Triple Drivers.

Meze Neos might be another good option, and for IEMS the iBasso IT01 are highly recommended again and again.
They seem to strike a great balance.

Or you could check out this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/posts/14678717/
There‘s a lot of discussions about the cheaper options.

And with a limited budget I am with @macaumetal about spending it on better earphones rather than splitting it and getting a cheap DAC and cheap IEMS. With a phone as source I‘d pay a little extra attention to getting some IEMs with smooth treble.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back