I need to make these Fostex T50RP mkIII's more comfortable.
Jan 23, 2019 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

atarione

500+ Head-Fier
I received Fostex T50RP mkIII's awhile ago as a gift, they sound pretty good.. They are super hard to drive but I have that covered pretty well .. DV336 and various vintage amps/ preamps with powerfull headphone sections..

however.. these things are like medieval torture device on my head for any length of time..

debating on options.. i don't even think the super thin ear pads are the main problem, i think the skull vice clamp force is the main issue for me.. does anyone have the MrSpeakers leather comfort strap for these.. if so how do you like it / how much does it mitigate the fairly heavy clamping force these headphones seem to have?

I'm considering ear pad options.. it seems many like shure 1540 pads on these? right now I tried the Shure 840 pads I usually have on my M50X's however they change the sound a bit and don't really help comfort-wise that much?

certainly my DT770's or 880's are muuuch more comfortable than the T50RP so far.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 4
I have a comfort strap that I made myself on my Argons and it is definitely more comfortable than stock. I had a chance to review the Dekoni Blue which is the same as your MKiii and the Argon were more comfortable.
The weight of the headphones is distributed more evenly.
Upgrading the pads will help as well.

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 4
fair enough.. being decidedly bad with sewing/ leather working..etc type projects I've ordered the mrspeakers comfort strap and shure earpads.. I shall see how that goes?

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 4
well for the moment i still have the shure 840 pads installed.. I'm not sure about them however..they are a bit more comfortable but they seem to change the sound more than I'd prefer..

The MrSpeakers comfort pad thing I ordered showed up however.. it is a noticeable improvement.. definitely seems to help distribute the weight of the headphones better and reduce discomfort.

t50rp_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back