I need some help with amps/LOD for JVC HA-RX700
Oct 29, 2008 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

i_don't_know

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting the Fiio E5 when it comes out. Good choice for the 700? But what about a good LOD? Help? I know nothing.
beyersmile.png

I just ordered the 700's from Amazon and I can't wait to hook them up to a brand new portable rig! I'll probably be using them un-amped until the Fiio E5 comes out, though (unless someone can convince me that it's really crappy and I'll be very disappointed with it). But I'm clueless when it comes to LODs. This is going to be my first portable rig. I usually just use headphones, and leave them bare.

Oct 29, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 9
I don't know if there's a difference between an LOD and an interconnect, but interconnect suggestions are appreciated as well.

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 9
Bump. Many views, no replies. Someone has to have a stroke of helpfulness in them.

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 9
sorry but no such thing as a LOD for your DAP. does it have a line out at all or just HP out? it may have a line out on 3.5mm mini can you tell me? I could search for you but don't have the time. A LOD is a kind of interconnect that is designed oi get the line out signal from your dap. problem is not that many DAP/s actually have a real line out. the whole apple range does, as well as a couple of others but not yours. if yours does have a line out ot will be on mini jack. and YGPM

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 9
JVC HA-RX700 are headphones. The DAP is a Sansa Clip. Sorry about that, it was poorly worded.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages of an LOD vs. a normal interconnect, or is it just the way you connect it?

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 9
an Lod allows you to access a line out signal on your dap. The line out is a cleaner signal and therefor results in higher quality signal to amplify so yes Lod is better. Some players have a line out on mini jack rather than their dock. Do you know if your clip has one? I'm not familiar with the clip other than that people say it's good

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #7 of 9
I haven't bought it yet, I'm waiting for the 8gb to come out.
smily_headphones1.gif

It does have mini USB, though (assuming this is what you mean by "mini jack")

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #8 of 9
An amp isn't needed with the JVC HA RX700 or RX900, but they both benefit. In using a Fiio E3, an integrated amp, or the amp stage from a cassette deck, there's a definite improvement in SQ over straight out of a 5.5 iPod.

Nov 1, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't bought it yet, I'm waiting for the 8gb to come out.
smily_headphones1.gif

It does have mini USB, though (assuming this is what you mean by "mini jack")

nah I mean mini plug the 3.5mm jack like the plug on your headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back