I need some help choosing a new laptop, if anyone can help me
Dec 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
this seems like a nice place to ask this...

i need a laptop, around 1500$. basically, 17", gt860m, i7-4710hq,8gbram,1tbhdd... . should i buy one with ips or tf screen?... i am so torn between choosing clevo w370SS and ASUS 17.3" ROG G751JM..

i do a lot of gaming, and anime watching using SVP [motion interpolation, it brings every animation to refresh rate of the display]..

what can i do to be happier, buy the clevo, which has tf, or the asus, which has ips screen?.. [anime needs colors, so ips might be better, but i have no ideea if ips has ghosting at 60fps][i could not fiind a laptop in this price that would have more than 60hz refresh rate]

i asked this on pc entusiast zone, but wanted to ask it here too!

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 5
IPS and tf, both are ok. IPS you can see from all angles. To me, its not so important. Check out the laptop chart at http://things.gnod.com/laptops/ and narrow down to the one that fits you in terms of weight, size, ram, ssd etc. If oyu do gaming, chose one with an i5 cpu or better!

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 5
i wanted to choose Asus ROG 751 JT i7, gtx970m, with ips.. but i read a lot of complaints that the screen is not the best... and i was searching for the best screen possible in a laptop...

thanks for the help, from that table, something similar was the resoult.

ips just has so much better colors... or my tn device has much worse colours than my ips phone. anyways thanks for the help! i think that i somewhat made my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back