I need some headphones good for music, drumming for $100
Nov 11, 2008 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

puppet

100+ Head-Fier
These will be used for listening to music while I play my drums along to it( rock music) and I will also be plugging these into an electric drum set which generates all sorts of sounds, bass drum to cymbals. What would be my best option.

I am looking at
Sony MDR v600
Sony MDR v6
Sony MDR 7506
Senn HD 280
Senn HD555
Audio Technica ES7 and ad700
Denon D1001

Thats about it so far. I dont really know much about any of these other than I was browsing through the forums and saw that these were mentioned. Which ones should I get. Please please help.

Also, im thinking that maybe some isolation would be nice. I dont need isolation for my electronic drums as they dont make a lot of noise but for my accoustic set it might be nice. Although, how well can any headphones isolate a noisy drum set anyway?

Ive also read about the Denon D1001 and have updated my list.

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 10
I do not like ear buds. I hate putting them in and the feel of them. I have the shure e2cs and they have prety much died as the sounds is crap now and staticy.

I just want full siuzed ones. Also I dont want an amp. if the q40s or ad700s need an amp i will scratch them off. Im pretty much about to click the buy button on the denon d1001

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 10
I should also not that Im pretty much never going to need isolation for my loud accoustic set because I live in a duplex and cant play it. My main concern is sound quality for rock music, and comfort.

The HD280 i heard is not comfortable. Almost all of my headphone problems have been due to comfort.

PX100s
Shure E2c
KSC75(By far the most uncomfortable and horribly designed headphones ive ever had).

I dont care how good the sound quality is if I cant wear them.

So keep that in mind also

Is denon 1001 the best combo of price/comfort/rock music SQ?

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 10
es7 is good with rock, made my ears happy with Slayer drums
tongue.gif

they have good bass punch.

if you don't need isolation, maybe look at grado, very nice drums but comfort may need some getting used to.

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should also not that Im pretty much never going to need isolation for my loud accoustic set because I live in a duplex and cant play it. My main concern is sound quality for rock music, and comfort.

The HD280 i heard is not comfortable. Almost all of my headphone problems have been due to comfort.

PX100s
Shure E2c
KSC75(By far the most uncomfortable and horribly designed headphones ive ever had).

I dont care how good the sound quality is if I cant wear them.

So keep that in mind also

Is denon 1001 the best combo of price/comfort/rock music SQ?

I've owned the HD280, PX100, and KSC75. I found the PX100 the most comfortable of these 3. The HD280 clamps too hard for many, and you're not likely to find it comfortable. If you are not concerned with whether you hear external sounds when using the headphones, FWIR, the D1001 very likely would be the best for you under $100, and it is reported to be very comfortable. Although, it may not fit entirely around your ears. You probably would prefer the sound of one or more of these headphones selling for slightly over $100, but you probably would not find them as comfortable as the D1001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back