Mar 26, 2006 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MrY

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I just bought a ZVM on ebay
biggrin.gif
and now I need some matching earphones
etysmile.gif

I have never dealt with expensive audio equipment (At the moment I'm listening to music through 10 Euro supermarket speakers
wink.gif
) and this is my first expensive MP3-Player, so I really don't need the best of the best. Still, I want decent sound, so I looked around at cnet for earphones.

I found these:

Sennheiser CX 300

Sony MDR EX71SL

They seem to offer good value for the money. What do you think? Which one would you recommend? Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Mar 26, 2006 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 5

Cjattwood

500+ Head-Fier
I wouldn't recommend the EX-71's, but the CX-300's are pretty damn good. I would either go with the CX-300's if you want to go down the IEM-type route, otherwise the Sennheiser MX500's are great earphones/buds.

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 5

LaBreaHead

Headphoneus Supremus
IEM-type, as in, "in-ear" canal phone earphones. Not the earbuds that fall out of your ears, and not headphones.

I second the recommendation of the Creatives -- they would be less expensive than the new Sennheiser canal phones (which are supposed to be -- arguably -- a bit better). I have the Creatives, and like them (I also have the Sony's, and like them for what they are, but I think the Creatives will work out better for you in your situation).

Advantages of canal phones such as the Creatives, Sennheisers and Sony's include portability, staying in your ear, isolating outside noise a little bit, and preventing the sound leakage of whatever you're playing.

Of course, somewhat more expensive in-ear monitors (IEMs) would have clearer sound and would isolate better: Etymotics ER-6i, Westone UM1, etc.

Congratulations on your ZVM!

Mar 27, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 5

MrY

New Head-Fier
Well, I think I'll just try the Creatives. Can you tell me something about the wearing comfort LaBreaHead? How do they feel inside the ear? Are they more disturbing than usual earphones as the MX-500s?

Would the Koss KSC 75 be an alternative?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread