I Need New In-Ear Headphones. [HELP FAST]
Jul 31, 2011 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SikkNazty

Head-Fier
I currently have the Sennheiser CX500's, but to me the treble isn't as crisp as I'd like. I was thinking of either getting the Sony EX600, Sennheiser CX880, Sony EX510LP, Shure 315, Sennheiser IE 6, or a refurbished version of the Monster Turbine Pro Gold. I had the refurbished MTPG's a couple of weeks ago, but the cable was split. It still sounded pretty **** good, but I returned it and now I'm trying to find a "trusted" retailer that Monster Cable approves. But in the mean time, I've taken a look at some other headphones within my price range ($100-$180). I listen mostly to BASS heavy music like dubstep, electro-house, and some rap... That is why I loved the MTPG's and CX500's. Does anyone have any idea which would have more bass and still nice trebles? Either the Sony EX600, Sennheiser CX880, Sony EX510LP, Shure 315, Sennheiser IE 6, or MTPG.

If anyone knows any other headphones within my price range ($100-$180) that would suit my needs, please share! :)

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 12
Hm...JVC FX500, maybe?  Depends on exactly how much bass you want.  I find that in that price range, my GR07 performs wonderfully with bass-heavy music, especially if you bump up the bass a little with an EQ or bass boosting amp (like the Zo amp...which I actually haven't tried before, but I hear is quite good for this purpose).  The GR07 is pretty much a jack-of-all-trades...it can do pretty much everything quite well, but it doesn't really excel in any particular area (other than that).

But as far as bass goes, the turbines are actually a good choice in that price range, if you really wanted a lot of it.

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 12
man go for all mighty Radius DDM for a mind lowing bass! this things will make your eyes cross like that
blink.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 12
Atrio m5 [mg7] gets a lot of love nowadays.

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
Hm...JVC FX500, maybe?  Depends on exactly how much bass you want.  I find that in that price range, my GR07 performs wonderfully with bass-heavy music, especially if you bump up the bass a little with an EQ or bass boosting amp (like the Zo amp...which I actually haven't tried before, but I hear is quite good for this purpose).  The GR07 is pretty much a jack-of-all-trades...it can do pretty much everything quite well, but it doesn't really excel in any particular area (other than that).

But as far as bass goes, the turbines are actually a good choice in that price range, if you really wanted a lot of it.

I can't quite afford the turbine pro gold edition unless i can get a hold of some refurbished ones. But what would you think bout the regular monster turbine high performance earbuds, do they have some heavy bass? (the ones that run like $180) Because the sennheise CX500's have a ton of bass but it lacks treble and details. 

I've came up with some new IEM's and what do you think bout VSONIC GR07, JVC FX500, and Radius DDM?

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #6 of 12
FX500s have a better bass and treble than the Golds (even mids if you don't mind them laid back), but you have to baby that wooden housing and live with it's average isolation. MG7s also seem to be a good option for a crisp treble with a well rounded present bass. The GR07s aren't as good as the 500s and likely the MG7s in the bass and they are generally very laid back.They may not have that presence you're looking for, they're more of a all-round conservative IEM that will provide a well-detailed sound. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 12
I second the GR07s...throw a little bass on the EQ and these things can pound with the best of em.  Coming out of a Cowon player they are pretty incredible.  Listening to the new JayZ & Kanye album right now with a smile on my face.  Just awesome.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 12
    Quote:
FX500s have a better bass and treble than the Golds (even mids if you don't mind them laid back), but you have to baby that wooden housing and live with it's average isolation. MG7s also seem to be a good option for a crisp treble with a well rounded present bass. The GR07s aren't as good as the 500s and likely the MG7s in the bass and they are generally very laid back.They may not have that presence you're looking for, they're more of a all-round conservative IEM that will provide a well-detailed sound. 

I think i'm going to go with the FX500s or the Sony EX700s. Another thing I'm worried about is how well do these IEM's isolate sound? The CX500's do a pretty good job. Sorry if I keep listing new earbuds, I just want to make sure I get the right ones. :p

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #9 of 12
Alright, I think i'm going to go with the FX500's. But does anyone know of any retailers inside the US? I'm kind of iffy on ordering a $150+ item from Japan... Because I have no guarantee that I'm going to receive my product AND I have no guarantee that if I return it, I'll get my money back.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #10 of 12
You won't find a US retailer since they're not meant to be sold outside of Japan. I would order from either Jzool or Seyo-Shop, both are very reliable, I wouldn't go with another option. 

edit: I would also include MA if they have stock.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
Alright, I think i'm going to go with the FX500's. But does anyone know of any retailers inside the US? I'm kind of iffy on ordering a $150+ item from Japan... Because I have no guarantee that I'm going to receive my product AND I have no guarantee that if I return it, I'll get my money back.

You have to go through a Japanese importer as these aren't released her.  Musica Acoustics will give you a guarantee.  Very reputable company.  Looks like he's out of the 500's or at least they aren't listed.  Try emailing Dimitri.

http://www.musicaacoustics.com/Store.html

edit: Or Inks suggestions are good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back