1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

I need much to learn...

1. DigitalGrounder
    So if anybody can help, when i'm listening to a pair of headphones how can i listen and tell what sounds that you can hear at different frequencies. if its possible. I'm just starting in the audiophile life style, i enjoy listening to music, i can tell how vocals, bass, treble, sound. But i want to know how i can listen to every detail in most frequencies without looking at a graph. If it is possible.

2. DigitalGrounder
    :)

3. getclikinagas
    What you are describing will come to you as your experience with different sound signatures/equipments broaden. Some knowledge on the different terms would help to describe the signature/differences you perceive in an accurate manner. 

We(Head-fi) have quite a few concise and interesting articles for fresh audio enthusiasts like yourself.

Since you were talking about identifying and comprehending what you hear, the clickable links below will give you a good start:
    1. http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm : Every instrument/source of music produces sound in a broad frequency range. This interactive chart will give you an idea of the FR breakup for different instruments/sources. Read the poster description too. 
    2. Frequency Response Of Headphones: Short blurb on the intentional FR difference between live music, speakers and headphones(bonus chart)
    3. A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies : What to consider when buying headphones.
    4. Describing Sound : A Glossary : Everything you need to know about describing nuances.
    5. A plea to the community lets standardize the way we describe sonic signatures : Great post by Lunatique. Definitely try the Range finder link in his post

Bonus: An Audiophile Workout: Philips Golden Ears Training  Saw this over on innerfidelity.com. I think you will like it. Have fun testing/training yourself [​IMG]

The best way to learn is to dive into the forums, read old posts and get involved in the discussions. 

Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet. [​IMG] 

DigitalGrounder likes this.