Apr 1, 2006 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

apotek

Head-Fier
Hello;
This means that I have some money again
smily_headphones1.gif
)because I am posting here
smily_headphones1.gif
))now that I have my k271 for a while I need an amp....and that means I need your guide...here are the conditions and options.

first of all I have $300, secondly I am looking for home use only.I did some search and I narrowed it down to little dot 2 and gilmore lite.I never had a tube amp so I have no idea what I am getting into with little dot.On the other hand even though I read some fantastic reviews about gilmore, is it powerfull enough to drive my akg's???when you post keep in mind that in the future I will buy more headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
))(you know its a sickness) I might get into hd600 or grados ( since I have both of them in lower end I love both cans for their own signiture and purpose)...

I am oppen to other suggestions as well...as long as its in my price range.But I am deffinetly looking for something good....Please help me guys...you have been great with my other decisions
smily_headphones1.gif
))

Apr 1, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 4

episiarch

Headphoneus Supremus
Gilmore Lite drives the K271 very well. To my ears there is not any insufficiency of power.

Nowadays I mostly amp my K271 with a Pimeta (wall-powered, OPA627, double buffers) at work, and I find this a very pleasing combination.

Not to discourage you from looking at other amps. I don't claim that these represent "the best" within your budget. Only that they're within your budget, and they drive the K271 well.

If I were in your position I would try to audition an M³, since so much good has been said of them.

Apr 1, 2006 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 4

apotek

Head-Fier
I have the portable pimeta and I am not really happy with its performance driving my akg's...but its portable pimeta so I don't know how it would be with the home version one??

anyother Ideas???

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 4

dafiiid

Head-Fier
Try RSA amps, I have had pleasant coming from K271 on both SR-71 and XP-7.

Users who are viewing this thread