I need a pair of portable, comfortable and light headphones for the gym.. any ideas?
Sep 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

insphere

New Head-Fier
I think we can all agree that we train and workout better when we have our favorite tracks playing.
Why don't I use earphones? Because I've tried hundreds, and none of them fit my ear canals. They're simply too small. (My ear canals)
Also, I don't want to go deaf turning up earphones above the noise of the gym speakers and the deafening sound of moaning weight lifters.

So I'd like something which is light, has a good, portable-style length cable and something reasonably cheap. Also the cups shouldn't be too large otherwise sweat tends to build up quite quickly.
Or maybe even wireless, but I'm not too sure.

I went into JBHIFI the other day and tested some Aerial7 'Metro' headphones.
They sounded pretty good for the asking price of $39.99. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 10
Depending on how much you want to spend....

Have a look into something like JVC Flats. They get a good rap here, I've never tried them myself.

Sep 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 10
M6P by Meelectronics. It is my all-around headphone, but the M6 and S6 are generally considered the best for exercise. The S6 has better accessories for exercise; I chose the M6P becaus I wanted to have an iPhone mic (and they were cheaper, which is a bonus).
:)

Sep 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
M6P by Meelectronics. It is my all-around headphone, but the M6 and S6 are generally considered the best for exercise. The S6 has better accessories for exercise; I chose the M6P becaus I wanted to have an iPhone mic (and they were cheaper, which is a bonus).
smily_headphones1.gif

looking for headphones, isnt M6P earphone?

check Sprot sereis from Fischer Audio
I have not used this since I dont go to gym but hey I have Master Series headphones some good stuff

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 10
I just got the best headphones for the gym I have ever had. They are called airbuds (i think thats the brand name too?) and they are about 40$. The tips are made from this soft flexible expandable memory foam that you squeeze before putting in your ear. Never had any ear fatigue while running or lifting. highly recommend, seriously, I have NEVER been able to wear earbuds and my son said these would be the solution. he was right!

Good for your Son... Sounds like a Smart Boy.

But, The OP is looking for headphones. Not IEMs.

Cheers, Jim

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 10
Okay, copy that :D
I will say though- I never used to use earbuds or in-ear phones. My ears just didn't work with that type. Anyway, when I got the M6p I also purchased a Comply Tx-500 multi pack. The memory foam makes it so I can actually wear the M6p. So just saying, iem style phones could maybe be a possibility for the OP with Comply foam tips. But yeah, totally misunderstood the first post :p

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 10
Koss ksc75. ???

They sound awesome for the price, extremly light, you wont have a headphone on your head, only some clips behind your ears, did i said they sound awesome?

Im not sure if it will be ypur best choice, but i used to run with those wihout problems, they dont weight at all, i forgot they where on my ears.

Downside.. They dont cancel the outside noise, but for runnng its was good because i was aware of my sorrundings.

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #10 of 10
Since we're talking JVC, I'd also take a look at the HA-S500 and HA-S400. I have the HA-S500, and they are arguably the best pair of headphones I have ever heard (I still have some self-deliberation to work out). They're on-ear, portable, and have a nice, shorter (in a good way) cable with an L-jack. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back