I need a hard long lasting MP3 150$
Apr 7, 2008 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
My sister's in the army and her birthday's coming up. I want to buy her an MP3 player to replace her Sony Ericsson K800. I need something that won't break after a few hits. She is in the army so I don't want something very sensitive that it'll break the first day at base.
Any suggestions?

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 11
How about the Sony A818 or A808. You should be able to pick it up relatively cheap. It has got 8 gb of flash memory and a metal body, so it should definitely be solid.
-Rasmus

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 11
Ipod mini on ebay + 32gb compact flash drive
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 11
Or Sony S618 8Gb. Moulded plastic, but seems very tough. Smaller screen so less chance of scratches and FM tuner
roughly $160 at Walmart or $165 shipped from Amazon

I'll be getting one when funds allow so I'll update on durability since I'm pretty harsh to my stuff.

Good Luck

-TR

Apr 7, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 11
The Sansa Fuze would be a good idea too IMO.

User reports say it has a pretty durable build, sounds good, and it also leaves room for future expandability.

Apr 7, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Sony A818 or A808. You should be able to pick it up relatively cheap. It has got 8 gb of flash memory and a metal body, so it should definitely be solid.
-Rasmus

I second this. You won't find a tougher player out there. It's small enough to fit in pretty much any pocket, and she'll be very impressed by the sound quality.

Apr 7, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 11
ipod shuffle x 3

its so small, chances are, u wont drop them because u clip them somewhere... (and forget about it) thats why you need 3!

but when u mean hits... do u mean hits to the floor? or hits by bullets

Apr 7, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ipod shuffle x 3

its so small, chances are, u wont drop them because u clip them somewhere... (and forget about it) thats why you need 3!

but when u mean hits... do u mean hits to the floor? or hits by bullets

If you're gonna get hit by bullets I'd say you have more pressing issues than saving your DAP.
"I'll be fine, as long as my DAP can withstand all the bullets that will be hitting it!"

Apr 7, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iaudio 7 has good capacity/dollar, and is flash. Haven't heard it myself but just throwing it out there. Cowons always have good build quality.

This is a good suggestion as well, although it's a deal breaker if you like a nice colorful screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back