I need a dual monitor managing software
Jan 11, 2009 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys...
I have two monitors plugged into my PC. One Samsung 2253BW and one old BenQ 17" LCD.
I want to have a software that can manage what programs open where. For example, now when I press the "Full Screen" function on Quicktime it maximizes itself in the old BenQ (which is configured to be the secondary LCD).
Is there any software like that ?
thanks

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 24
hmm, I am running dual screens and have no problems like you speak of. It may be because you are maximizing quicktime, or because you are doing it on the main screen. So try maximizing another video player, or maximize quicktime on the secondary monitor. Good Luck,
Paul

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, I am running dual screens and have no problems like you speak of. It may be because you are maximizing quicktime, or because you are doing it on the main screen. So try maximizing another video player, or maximize quicktime on the secondary monitor. Good Luck,
Paul

It's not the only problem. Sometimes my FF opens on the secondary monitor aswell. It would just be great if I had a program that manages this things...

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 24
Hmm...I've never heard of such a program? I've personally never had problems running dual monitors myself, either.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 24
Try Ultramon. You can get it free youknowwhere.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 24
In my dual monitor set-up, application windows open where I last opened them for the most part.

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Ultramon. You can get it free youknowwhere.
smily_headphones1.gif

X2

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcalf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use DisplayFusion.

I used it before I got Ultramon. Ultramon even lets you have two taskbars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back