I need a DAC+amp to be used with ihp140
Sep 8, 2009 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

artears

100+ Head-Fier
I could not decide which section this thread should go, since it has both dac and amp in it, so bear with me
smily_headphones1.gif

The options are D10 and headroom's portable dac+amp (twice the price, but I have a limit of around $600 anyway). Here is its link: HeadRoom Portable Micro Amp @ HeadRoom

I will be using this setup with my custom ACS T2s, maybe a possible upgrade will be jh13s in the future. There is also another option of the new hifiman to replace everything with one device with around the same cost as the headroom portable dac+amp. My question is, how do you compare the sq of d10 to headroom? If anyone is experienced with hifiman, it would help also. I must also add that I would not tolerate any hissing with these iems, so experienced users with these setups using their iems are very welcome
wink.gif

Thank you for your time.

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 6
D10, or wait around for the new OEM

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D10, or wait around for the new OEM

Yes but the new OEM will require purchase of a separate DAC. In all honesty he could buy the OEM DAC and pair it with a p-51 or something like that if he wants to save size, but apparently the OEM is supposed to be in the class of the Lisa III but for a lot cheaper. The OEM will be available around November. In all seriousness, you could get the DAC from the OEM and something like the Pico Slim or the RSA Shadow aswell, which would prob be a smaller solution.

I dont know which sounds the best as I haven't heard any of them.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 6
Thank you for the responses. I already have an amp, a Hornet, so this OEM sounds interesting. What is this OEM DAC you are talking about?
smily_headphones1.gif
Pardon my ignorance, but do you have a link?

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 6
I believe they will sell both a DAC and amp. If you already have one, then of course there wont be much need to get a new amp. OEM DAC sounds like a good idea, nomoney wasted on an amp section as you would on the D10

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 6
the dac was posted in the OEM thread, but I do not think it is OEM, but simply the D10 dac-only that has been on the building blocks for a little while and because he was posting pics, he couldnt contain himself
wink.gif
I dont blame him it looks like a wicked little machine. I agree that if you can wait till november it is the way to go. i'm certainly grabbing one to feed my Lisa and then OEM amp. a fully loaded OEM AMP with top-shelf opamps and caps throughout , is actually not that much cheaper than the Lisa III, but does not need an LLP power supply. then again neither does Lisa really. but she does sound better with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back