I love my HE1000 V2, but...

1. Todd R Contributor
    I need a fuller sound out of them. They are comfortable, detailed and overall great, but I want a fuller sound with some more bass emphasis. I have a Dana Cable on them, and am running them balanced from a Violectric V850/V280 combo.
    Not sure if a different amp or DAC would do the job or if I should just move on to a different headphone.
    Any advice?

2. Thenewguy007
    Those cans are as full bodied as you can get without going into hazy & muddy Audeze sound.
    A better DAC or amp can add more fullness to a headphone.

3. SilverEars
    I doubt that a DAC or Amp is going to change a headphone's characteristic. It sounds like he wants more mid-bass to upper bass. HEK is not a meaty sounding headphone, but clarity with much sub-bass presence. Like a U-shaped response. I'd just look for a meatier sounding headphone. For example, I have a TH-X00 Ebony, and it's meaty sounding. I would guess HD650 is meaty sounding as well.

One thing I'd add is that HEK is a headphone people may not realize that it maybe under-driven by weak amp. It would tend to sound sharper with more sub-bass presence when driven stronger. Like in balanced for example, but the Vioelectric is pretty strong amp that should drive it to potential. So, I take it that he wants signature that HEK isn't capable of changing simply by an amp or a DAC (we all know DAC isn't going to change a signature).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018 at 10:01 PM
  4. rhern213
    If you haven't yet tried them, I think the HEX's would satisfy that. They're not as clean and controlled as the K's, but they do deliver much more bass.

5. koven Contributor
    Maybe try a tube amp, that usually adds some body/warmth.

6. Todd R Contributor
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I have a Hugo 2 on the way to try out, maybe as just a DAC or on it's own. Apparently it has more power than the original.
    Just for curiosity, I hooked up the stock 1/4" single ended cable to the headphones and was surprised to find some of the thinness to the sound went away. Stay tuned :)