I lost my iPod Classic 160GB. Does anything else compare or do I just get another?
May 16, 2016 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ratfluids

New Head-Fier
I'll be listening to V0 files with a pair of unamped EarSonics SM64s.

I can't think of anything I don't really like about the iPod Classic.  It sounds great, it has tons of storage space, the UI is nearly perfect, it looks great, and the physical buttons are an absolute necessity.  I'm on the verge of crying at the loss of mine, not to mention having to rebuild my entire library.

I'm seriously considering just turning to eBay and getting another, but I know that an endless string of them is impossible at this point, so someday, I'll have to move on.  I'm wondering if there's anything that can compete in terms of not only sound, but also storage, UI, and of course being able to easily pause/play in my pocket.  I'd like to look into something with microSD support so that I don't have to worry about space at all (I'd even filled up the iPod and had to delete things to add new music).  That's hardly a must though.

I've not had much need to learn about portable sources until now so I have no idea what's available, except for the apparent love for the Fiio X5.  I've seen a few recommendations for the Cowon X9, but I'm not totally convinced on it.  Is there anything worth moving on to at this point or should I just delay the inevitable and get another?

May 16, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #2 of 6
I recently left my Classic on a plane and assumed it was gone forever ... almost went for a 128GB iPod Touch but then finally went for the Pioneer XDP-100R with 2 x 128GB cards.

Much heavier of course but with it comes an uplift in SQ, great storage and the benefit of having offline Spotify access.

Just over a week ago, the airline I lost the Classic with found it & returned it!  But I'm convinced with the Pioneer now so will relegate the Classic to car audio duties only!

May 16, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 6
Just get another one off eBay

I've got two but not selling :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back