I lost a very dear friend last night.
Dec 1, 2002 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

gerG

Headphoneus Supremus
I met Jim at work about 15 years ago. He was a project engineer, and I respected his ability to cut through crap and get things done. We made a great team and solved a lot of problems together, and fast. We got to be good friends and went on annual houseboat trips on Lake Powell for years. He left the company almost 10 years ago to help with his wife's real-estate business and, as things worked out, be Mr mom when their 2 children arrived. We stayed in touch and always had a blast together.

Things changed a year ago when he came down with ALL, a very agressive form of leukemia. The initial chemo had him in the hospital for 2 months, but they got it in remission. It only stayed that way for 6 months, then came back with a vengence.

After a long battle that I was always certain that he would win, he passed away last night. His wife, children, family, and friends will miss him the rest of their lives.

Jim was barely 40 years old.

I did not post this to bring people down, and I appologize for that aspect. I am posting it as a reminder to everyone:

Be thankful for your life, your family, your friends, and all that you have. Life is short at best, and the end date is not defined. You could lose a loved one, or they could lose you, at any time. Cherish the moments for what they are; too short and far too fleeting.

gerG

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 23
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Greg's family. I wish you the best.
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Be thankful for your life, your family, your friends, and all that you have. Life is short at best, and the end date is not defined. You could lose a loved one, or they could lose you, at any time. Cherish the moments for what they are; too short and far too fleeting.

How very well said.

Having lost a close friend suddenly two years ago, and my Father, Grandmother and Mother-In-Law within a four month period since May of this year I can understand how you must be feeling.

We need to treasure our relatives and friends and remember that we could lose them, or them us at any time.

My sympathies are with you and Jim's family.

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 23
My thoughts are with you and especially Jim's family at this tragic time. It will be a difficult time for them but one they will get through with the strength of friends like you, Greg.

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:15 PM Post #9 of 23
We will say a prayer for Jim's family tonight. Be there for his family as I am sure you will be.

My condolences to you Greg, true friends are hard to come by.

Dec 1, 2002 at 10:08 PM Post #11 of 23
Greg, My condolences on the loss of your friend.

The reminder that you posted is one that we should all keep close to us. It can be way too easy to lose perspective on what's really important in life.

Dec 1, 2002 at 10:23 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

I also lost one of my best friends and was at the funeral last friday. He was only 56 years old. These events are sad and I still have it in my mind, and many memories. One should not try to forget and repress these feelings but work it through. I think that ones life can become fuller and more directed to appreciating the essential things after that.
Greg, no need of apology. This is a part of life and if people become disturbed by such messages, they have a problem.

Dec 1, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #15 of 23
My condolences, Greg.

I know how you feel. My friend Anton was killed in a car accident a year ago. 15 years old.
frown.gif
Life can be cruel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back