#$@!!!#!!!!! I keep killing my portables!
May 24, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #16 of 19
Oh I TRY to take care of them. Problem is that the cords are short. So there are times when the cord gets a bit tangled, I straighten up and WHAM! The cord gets tugged hard. Or I drop the touch or pouch and WHAM! the cord gets tugged. That's why I want a LONG cord so the tugging doesn't occur.

May 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #18 of 19
Thinking that an ARM strap is a good idea for me. I really prefer something less jogger-ish but yeah. No way am I doing the fanny pack. Way to pretty for that! lol

I really want to rock PK3s with the Touch b/c I love the sound stage with that combo. Right now, jvc gummies sound tinny and weak.

Anything for mowing lawns? Under $50 iem?

May 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #19 of 19
A couple of things. First, Sleek has their Kleer Wireless set, which I believe works with the SA6 if you wanted to go the wireless route.

Secondly, try running the cable under your shirt.  I wear two shirts, and run the cable between my hoodie/t-shirt and my undershirt.  This is completely eliminated cable snags for me.  I think a long cable is going to make things worse... more cable to catch on things.  I'm 6' and the 46" cable on my TF10 is just about the perfect length to run from my ear down to my pocket.  Sometimes if I'm wearing basketball shorts or something with deeper pockets, I wish it was maybe an inch longer.  It also comes with an 18" extension (which does NOT affect sound quality), but that is typically too long except for home use.  I'm not sure how tall you are that you think you need a 6 foot cable.

Finally, I know accidents happen but I would consider dropping your Touch less if it's happening enough to damage your cable.  One day you're going to ruin your mp3 player as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back