I keep going back and forth, help me settle!
Aug 17, 2011 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

K-MONEY

Banned for flipping
I'm torn between the M50 and AH-D2000.

Every time I go back to the M50, I'm awestruck by the quality and how closer the sound hits my ears, it's almost like the AH-D2000 is slightly recessed compared to these...but maybe because the M50's are tighter, letting the sound much closer.

So I got the M50's for about $170, but I'm sure I can get them for a little lower, like $150, new; and I got the AH-D2000 for exactly $206 dollars, a slight difference.

I read that the AH-D2000 is on a whole new level than the M50, but honestly, I don't care because price doesn't make the headphones, the listener does!

So I find the AH-D2000 much clearer, smoother and more refined in everything as in bass, treble, etc. The AH-D2000 also has a bigger sound stage in comparison to the M50's. The thing I like about the M50's is that the mids sound so much better. I feel that both play each instrument and detail about the same in most songs.

I can't decide on which will be a better deal for me in the longer run. How do you guys look at this situation or both headphones as a matter of a fact?

Shall I stick with the M50's and save about $55-60USD or should I just stick with the AH-D2000, also seeing how low I got them for?

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 8
i dont belive that ath m50's are that uncomfy  ive been wearing my m50's for about 8,5h now and i had my glasses under then all the time,

i dont get it? why do ppl always say that m50's are un comfy?

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 8
I definitely value comfort, and by no means are the M50's more comfortable than the AH-D2000, but they are not uncomfortable, they are just  tighter, and quite frankly I can deal with that. I'm speaking in terms of quality.

I find the Denon sound much warmer and smoother...I guess you can say the M50's are somewhat muddy in comparison.

Quote:
If you value comfort whatsoever then get the denons.

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:

i dont get it? why do ppl always say that m50's are un comfy?

Big heads like mine tend to find that they clamp down a little too much after awhile. I also find that my ears sweat
a bit compared to my other cans.

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 8
The simplest answer is because they are. Now, everybody has different tolerances towards comfort, but in relevance compared to the d2000 the m50s feel like a torture device. They clamp down hard, the pads aren't true over ear, they get sweaty fast and the headband gives lots of pressure on the very top of your head.

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 8
Denon D2000's and never look back. One of the best closed headphones I've ever heard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back