I just want to rip directly to FLAC again.
Nov 1, 2008 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Punnisher

Headphoneus Supremus
I used to have EAC set up correctly, where I would use free.db to gather tags, then it would rip to .WAV and convert directly to FLAC. The output files would be tagged correctly and placed into the proper folder structure that I have set up.

However, I have since reformatted and have been using a less than optimal approach of achieving this. For some reason, the flac.exe that I have pointed to does not work like the .exe file that I had a year ago. It just won't work with EAC.

Right now I use EAC to rip to wav, then I use AutoFLAC to convert the wav to FLAC. Then, I use mp3tag to fix all the broken tags. Finally I use Foobar to convert the FLAC files to V0 LAME mp3s.

Could someone show me exactly what file I need and how to set it up? The various guides that people post around here are not working, as I have followed them precisely.

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 10
I just tried the file named "flac" and it doesn't do anything. It just rips the wav file and leaves it without converting it into a flac file.

I'll search through the options again and see whats going on.

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 10
Short of getting EAC fixed to work directly with FLAC (which shouldn't be difficult), you do realize that foobar2000 will do all of the tagging and conversions you're doing with the other two programs you've mentioned, right?

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 10
Nov 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 10
I do realize that, but I rather like mp3tag. It's just easier to edit tags with that in my opinion.

In any case it shouldn't matter. For the life of me I can't get this damned program to work.

Sorry, just a little frustrated here.
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #7 of 10
The ultimate pack would be nice, except it seems pretty out of date. I'd like to stick to current releases of everything.

After trying one of the more popular guides, I am still having no success. After one song is ripped, a window pops up and displays an error message. I can't see the message though. Only half the window shows up and only for a second.

Nov 1, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 10
just backup your Eac folder and install the pack it, you can always delete the eac folder and use your backup. I still use the pack and only update the encoders or do small changes, way better then doing everything manually. at least from my pov.

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #10 of 10
Great to see that you resolved the issues and got it all working!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have some vague memories of struggling setting up EAC myself, from back in my MS Windows days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back