I just ordered the ATH-A1000
Nov 20, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #16 of 34
purk
HI PURK: How are you? Its not looks that I am after. Ugly is just find if it sounds a lot better to me. PURK look at the features and the specs of the ATH-1000. You know I have had many a good looking girl in my day but I seem to remember there were a few ugly ones that were very memorable. LOL
PS
Now PURK you know that I will really like the A1000 at the get go and you also know that my reviews are not very dependable.

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:03 AM Post #17 of 34
Lou,
Quote:

purk
HI PURK: How are you? Its not looks that I am after. Ugly is just find if it sounds a lot better to me. PURK look at the features and the specs of the ATH-1000. You know I have had many a good looking girl in my day but I seem to remember there were a few ugly ones that were very memorable. LOL

LOL
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:08 AM Post #18 of 34
purk
HI: Please look at the features and the specs and let me know what you think about them. Thanks PURK
PS
I mean the ATH-A1000

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:48 AM Post #19 of 34
I think you're putting too much faith in the features, Lou. For example, my first headphone purchase was a Sony MD-CD570 that claimed a 5-25khz frequency response, as well as a 32ohm impedance and something like a 103 or 106db sensitivity rating. My Beyer DT231, on the other hand, only has a 20-18khz frequency response, 32ohm impedance and a 92db sensitivity rating. If one were to look at stats alone, you might expect that the Sony would be the better phone.

But in reality, the Beyer is so much better than the Sony that there really is no comparison, and the Beyer was only $20 more expensive.

Stats can be deceiving, and the way stats are worded can be extra deceiving. Stats that most headphone manufacturers give won't tell you how refined the sound is, whether there are any noticeable peaks or valleys in the response curve, - whether or not the treble might be too bright or the bass to soft, etc.

Again, this is just my opinion, but I think it would serve you much better to wait on selling your A100 until you've got the A1000 and can do a comparison. You may actually find that you prefer the A100. If you sell it now, then you're kinda stuck if you find that the A1000 doesn't live up to the hype.

Nov 20, 2002 at 12:16 PM Post #23 of 34
Well.. ablaze... talk in S$ leh..
biggrin.gif
:d
The US dollar v troublesome need to convert somemore..
anyway I suppose that's around S$400?
Hm I will think about it. It looks like a good price.
I will PM you when I reach singapore.
Anyway I heard you won cd3000. Is it coming? Do review them asap. congratz btw

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:32 PM Post #27 of 34
Ok.
Now I'm reading some reviews on the 100ti
smily_headphones1.gif

And Lou:
By looks alone, I will get the A100ti no matter what.. the silver or shall I say gray cup looks unappealing to me, the pad on 100ti looks way more comfy too.. and I don;t think the extra features is really nice..
I think that are all marketing gimmicks..
And I do agree that manufacturers are sometimes deceiving.. if they come up with a new product they will surely promote it and give sometimes an overexciting descriptions so that ppl will fall for them.
Furthermore, they are priced the same, I don't think they will be better.

Yeah.. why am I talkin on behalf of At100ti.. man.... I thik the AT has casted a curse on me so that I will buy the can... oh nooo....

Nov 20, 2002 at 7:11 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

why am I talkin on behalf of At100ti.. man.... I thik the AT has casted a curse on me so that I will buy the can... oh nooo....

LOL!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

i agree. AT fever has hit head-fi like the Plague. i havent been innoculated by already owning great cans, so i think i'll end up a victim as well.

ablaze, maybe i missed it, but why are you selling your A100ti?
also, if guyferd doesnt pick them up, i would be interested, but since they are dinged, i would expect the price to be dinged a bit too
tongue.gif

Nov 20, 2002 at 7:50 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
LOL!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

i agree. AT fever has hit head-fi like the Plague. i havent been innoculated by already owning great cans, so i think i'll end up a victim as well.

ablaze, maybe i missed it, but why are you selling your A100ti?
also, if guyferd doesnt pick them up, i would be interested, but since they are dinged, i would expect the price to be dinged a bit too
tongue.gif

yeah. I expect the price to be ding-ed too
frown.gif
so sad. its barely a week old. and i had to stupidly drop it on the very first day (and first hour in fact!!) stupid me *sob*

well, i got my Sony CD3Ks on the way. assuming those sound better. the ATs will hafta go
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 20, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #30 of 34
just take some tape to them and very carefully pull on the other end of the tape. din will come out. otherwise just take apart and push with your index finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back