I just had a thought... has head-fi left you in debt?
Mar 29, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #31 of 52
Just got my hundred buck check from points from using the ol credit card. (BTW payments made in full for balance, use it to get cashback for purchases...) Working up some lather on post for the reply to the need for banks and american commerce..

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #32 of 52
I'm about to go $15 into debt buying the first chunk of stuff for a L'espressivo, but that shouldn't be hard to get out of
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #33 of 52
I've never been in debt, have only held debit cards (and a visa debit), though if I suddenly didn't get 5 or 6 paychecks in a row i'd be complrtly buggered (would probably move in with family if this happened). That bieng said I am a student, have saved enough money before studying to not have a student loan and have garanteed payments untill the end of my course (assuming that the government doesn't suddenly die in my country). So all in all, I think i've done quite well (though I was once one cent in debt for around 25 minutes, which is a really long boring story that I wont bother anyone with).

Have I thought about getting a credit card and grabbing a pair of HD800's or similiar, of course. None the less I never trully considered it. (Currently saving for a full HD projector, so audio has no upgrades coming for a while anyway).

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. I don't have the urge to upgrade right now, but tomorrow is a different story.
icon10.gif

Creppily stands next to you as you sleep whispering closely to your ear " I must buy the HD800....I must buy the HD800....I must buy the HD800...." etc...
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #36 of 52
No. The house payment, the utilities (which keep going up), taxes, and car payments are what keep me in debt. I know better to let my hobbies add to my debt so I'm careful about my spending.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NIEN! Bad Erik, bad bad Erik! No encouraging minors to dabble with tubes.

But it's fun! Bijou in my near future.

Well, I'm a minor, so no debt obviously.

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Stay away from credit cards, they are beyond evil.

Credit cards are not evil if you use them properly. When I got my first credit card back in college, I got it with the intent and purpose for those purchases which cost more money than I was willing to carry around, as well as for things like catalog and phone orders. I couldn't fathom (and still don't) using it to buy something for which I don't have the money for in the bank.

Technically, debit cards now serve my purpose but I never liked the idea of them (i.e. having a card directly linked to your account). I resisted getting a debit card for the longest time but was finally forced to last year when may bank issued new combo ATM/debit cards. Suffice to say, I only use the card for ATM purposes.

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #40 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No here. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it, that applies to everything, not just Headphones.

Here Here....great way to look at things

Or is it "hear hear"?

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No here. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it, that applies to everything, not just Headphones.

I don't entirely agree, depending on how you view what you said. For example I think it makes sense to get a mortage to buy your house, or to have a student loan to allow you to study. But I agree for the most part, it would be silly to go into debt in order to be able to buy luxury products.

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't entirely agree, depending on how you view what you said. For example I think it makes sense to get a mortage to buy your house, or to have a student loan to allow you to study. But I agree for the most part, it would be silly to go into debt in order to be able to buy luxury products.

OK. Credit for the mortgage and maybe a car. Those I wouldn't really consider an impulse purchase, unlike headphones. Plus if you can get a zero rate loan on a car (therese some deals around right now), then it's a pretty good deal. What's the average Credit card rate these days?
I don't even own a credit card anymore, I have a good 6 months plus of salary in the bank.
But credit for things I don't *need*..? that's just not going to happen.

Plus Credit card companies are pretty much scumbags from what I read.

Mar 30, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here Here....great way to look at things

Or is it "hear hear"?

I think both would apply in this scenario.
You're right though, that craiglester is a wise young hamster!
k701smile.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #45 of 52
Hell no. I wouldn't go into debt for anything other than property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back