I just got my self a Marantz SR-73
Sep 12, 2017 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nofacemonster

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody... i just got my self a Marantz RS-78 ol' amp. Any idea about how these things are? are they good or bad etc? i like warm mellow sound and i thought i'd give this a try. I bought it super cheap from a second hand electronic store. They work perfectly... tomorrow i am gonna hook them up to an ol' marantz tower speaker set which i bought along with it. I bought this purely to listen to music.

Attachments

• Marantz.jpg
    Marantz.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 4
Cannot find that model on google, but I'm a big Marantz fan, they have a well detailed and slightly smooth sound on the whole and offer excellent bang for buck :D

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Cannot find that model on google, but I'm a big Marantz fan, they have a well detailed and slightly smooth sound on the whole and offer excellent bang for buck :D

Every word you said about them are true. They sound mellow and very warm. I love how they sounds like, suddenly all my music became listenable all day long. I am planing on getting a bluetooth receiver for them soon. Here are few pictures of the gear i bought. By all means they may not be much compared to the standards of Head-fi but for me they are amazing.

IMG_20170914_081130.jpg IMG_20170914_081106.jpg

IMG_20170914_081115.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 4
OSTEWART.... i am so sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase.... it's all my bad. I have written the model in an incorrect way. The correct model is Marantz SR-73. I previously has named the threat Marantz RS-78. Now give a search and you'll find plenty of stuff about it.

Receiver is - Marantz SR-73
Speakers - Marantz LS850

Users who are viewing this thread

Back