I just got a pair of Sennheiser MX 55 VC
Dec 26, 2008 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MattDotZeb

New Head-Fier
I haven't opened them yet, they were a gift.

I listen to bass heavy music pretty often, and some of the reviews I read said there wasn't nearly enough bass.
In addition, a few of my friends have been telling me to purchase a pair of Sennheiser 555s.
I do a lot of walking/busing so I'm curious as to how well the 555s would hold up with a good amount of motion.
Should I return the MX 55 VCs and purchase the 555s or just keep the MXs and get 555s?

I appreciate any replies.

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 4
After a bit more looking around I decided I'll return the MX 55's and get CX300s.
Unless they produce similar quality sound.. which, in that case, it would be a waste of time.
Opinions?

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 4
def. not the hd555's for walking/busing. if u do get those, u cannot sit and lean ur head back against the chair or w/e. plus, ppl are just going to be staring at u the whole time with ur humongous headphones. and....the hd555's arent very good for bass heavy music. they have bass, but a little on the lacking side of the scale. so those would not be good for u.

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #4 of 4
People stare at me while I wear my purple shaded AD700s when I'm out and about. I don't mind. Hell - the HD 555s are much more discreet than my headphones which have huge wire loops on top.
I can sleep with my cans on though, they're very comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back