I just figured out how to get an avatar!
Dec 1, 2002 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

radrd

Found that torchiere lamps induce nicotine addiction in moths.
I've been a member all this time and I never bothered to make one and/or figure out how to get it in my profile.
rolleyes.gif

But, better late than never. I think mine should be given to all new members.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
I've been a member all this time and I never bothered to make one and/or figure out how to get it in my profile.
rolleyes.gif

But, better late than never. I think mine should be given to all new members.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nice avatar !

But I disagree, newbs don't know the meaning of broke
very_evil_smiley.gif
Give them time...

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:38 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
Nice avatar !

But I disagree, newbs don't know the meaning of broke
very_evil_smiley.gif
Give them time...

Yes, it takes a while before you have more amps than ears, more headphones than Best Buy, more interconnects than Cirtuit City, and more stuff than sense!! Not to mention bills than income!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:42 AM Post #9 of 24
My guess would be that the amount of money you have spent is proportional to the amount of time you spend listening to your system and hanging out on Head-Fi. Too bad I didn't realize that sooner...
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:47 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

My guess would be that the amount of money you have spent is proportional to the amount of time you spend listening to your system and hanging out on Head-Fi. Too bad I didn't realize that sooner...
biggrin.gif

LOL, money spent directly proportional to the time you spend logged in... [size=xx-small]And hanging out in Buy/Sell
biggrin.gif
[/size]

[size=xx-small]Waiting in agony myself...[/size]

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:51 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Waiting in agony myself...

I was on Audio Asylum earlier and someone said that he talked to a rep who said that they have 60 DVD963SAs coming in next week and 24 have been pre-ordered. I should be in the top ten (maybe 5) of the preorders. I hope they show up next week, but I'm not holding my breath.
frown.gif

Quote:

And hanging out in Buy/Sell

...and searching for "giant killers."
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:54 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

I was on Audio Asylum earlier and someone said that he talked to a rep who said that they have 60 DVD963SAs coming in next week and 24 have been pre-ordered. I should be in the top ten (maybe 5) of the preorders. I hope they show up next week, but I'm not holding my breath.
frown.gif

Don't, you'll be turning blue... A couple of the guys who ordered from J&R (including myself) have called and got a different story from each and every one we spoke to...

They'll show when they show...

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:04 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

biggrin.gif

It's more like the ratio of time spent listening to your stuff to yuor time spent reading threads and reviews here on Head-Fi!!! IOW, the more time you just listen and enjoy, the cheaper this hobby gets. The more time you spend reading and posting here the more money you spend.

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:13 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

IOW, the more time you just listen and enjoy, the cheaper this hobby gets.

True enough, until you start to wonder just how much more enjoyment money can buy...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Then you'd better join Team Broke.
biggrin.gif

Etys+pcdp=audio bliss

Etys+home cdp=more audio bliss

Etys+home cdp+special cables= even more audio bliss...

Etys or AT A1000+home cdp+special cables= ultimate audio bliss for now...
biggrin.gif

For me, it appears that Etys+anything= needing a 12 step program of some sort...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back