I just bought the Sennheiser's HD 428 for $27.99 and I wanted to know your opinion... ^^
Jun 30, 2011 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AdrielAviles

New Head-Fier
Heres the product link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350472794778

I just bought the Sennheiser's HD 428 for $27.99 on eBay, refurbished, and I wanted to know the opinion of most of you guys... :)

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 5
They are easy to drive, with nice bass..midrange improves after 30 hours of use. They are good for the price you paid. 

Jul 1, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 5
Heya,

I had them.

I found them uncomfortable. The pads got sweaty really fast and so the headphone moved around a lot due to that so it made it very difficult to enjoy them while walking/driving with my window down. They just felt like they were going to snap, they felt brittle. Beyond that, they actually sounded quite good across the board. Good highs, good mids and some very decent bass frequency response. When amped they jumped quite a bit even though they don't need an amp. They're basically a $50 headphone at most stores online. Getting it for $30 is a good deal. I'd have kept them for $30 simply as a `back up' headphone perhaps. But ultimately I sent mine back to Amazon because I simply cannot wear something uncomfortable. I was using it as a portable headphone primarily (closed back to avoid leakage in while driving around and walking and sharing the music so to speak). I have to have cloth pads. Every single phone I have is cloth padded. Anyhow, had they not been so uncomfortable to wear I probably would have kept them in the collection. But again, for $30, they're a good headphone for someone--just not for me unfortunately. Again, they actually do have pretty good sound.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back