I jus got the DT990 600 ohm
May 7, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #16 of 39
Its not looking good for me
triportsad.gif

May 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:
Thx,lxxl,
They look the same as mine, but mine don't have the resistors seen in the pic ,just the wires.

Quote:
hmm, maybe a 250ohms, need a 250ohmer to confirm.

FYI, both of my 600ohms have the resistors.

Don't you think it would be a rip-off if they just added a resistor to make it a 600 ohm system? 
beyersmile.png

That's a zener.

Just measure resistance with a multimeter (between left and ground, at the jack) and be done with it.

May 7, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #25 of 39
I already wrote on top of this page that it's a zener diode.

You can also measure directly at the driver, omitting the diode, if you don't believe me. 
wink.gif

And measuring 598 ohm is perfectly fine.

May 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #26 of 39

Quote:
Correct. My knowledge of electronics is the stuff being taught at high school right now, but I think diodes only allow voltage(?) to pass one way, hence the ->|- sign.  

So the diodes are for protection, rather than impedance matching as resistors are used for.
Sorry but i left school decades ago.

May 7, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #28 of 39

Quote:
I already wrote on top of this page that it's a zener diode.

You can also measure directly at the driver, omitting the diode, if you don't believe me. 
wink.gif

And measuring 598 ohm is perfectly fine.

thx,znor ,but my cans don't have the diodes,lxxl is trying to help me find out if my cans are 600 ohm as they have no markings on them,
the picture is of lxxl's 600 ohm dt990's that have diodes, as do his dt880 600 ohm,my pair don't have them so i was thinking they were the 250 ohm version,if mine are 600 ohm as the metre reading would suggest,maybe beyer stopped putting diodes in at some point .

May 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #29 of 39

Quote:

Don't you think it would be a rip-off if they just added a resistor to make it a 600 ohm system? 
beyersmile.png

That's a zener.

Just measure resistance with a multimeter (between left and ground, at the jack) and be done with it.

Sorry xnor ,i just reread you're post identifiying them as zener diodes,
when you wrote zener, i did'nt automatically think diode,i only mentioned they might be diodes because they look like the ones in a radio kit i built as a kid.
smile_phones.gif

May 7, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #30 of 39
yes they are diodes, people always mistaken them as resistors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back