I have no idea about what amp to get!!
Nov 25, 2002 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zeplin

1000+ Head-Fier
I am looking into getting the ER-4P to 4S adaptor cable and an amp to go with it. I still consider myself to be a novice audio enthusiast...in turn, I do not know much about the technical aspects of an amplifier. I have never in my life bought an amp...even for my speaker set up. My price range is about 100-150. Will that range buy me a nice quality amp that can sufficiently change the sound for the better? Or, will that price range buy me an amp that really isn't worth the 150.00 to begin with? What type of amp(solid or tube) do the 4P's benefit from the most. I personally prefer the more laid back sound. I also wouldn't mind if the amp that I do end up getting can benefit not only my other headphones(Sony MDR-F1), but a future pair as well (most likely an Audio Technica)...which I will probably be purchasing within the next year or so. I am absolutely in love with the certain unique sound that my Ety's give me (they are powered by a SlimX imp-350). And from what I understand, I can make that unique sound surpass the quality level that it is already at. I just want to know what amp might be considered by you head-fier's, the best quality for my price range. Or, do I need to significantly increase my budget in order to take the Ety sound to the next level? And for the millionth time, I'd like to thank you all in advance for your advice and help. After all, if it wasn't for people like you guys, I would have never heard of a small, Illinios based company called Etymotic!

I just realized that this post should have been posted in the amplification forum...whoops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back