I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jan 15, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #3,001 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the life expectancy of a invisible shield? Is it the same or more as a normal type of screen protector would you say?

This is the stuff that you sort of paste a sheet to the back and front of your player?

Also can it be taken off easily if for any reason you do not want it on there anymore?

Hi,

Zagg.com give you a lifetime warranty for the shield. You break it, you report it and get a new one for free as long as you return the old one. If you do not return the old one, only a small charge will be made towards the replacement.

It feels a bit rubbery, not hard like plastic or glass and feels very nice. Nicer than the Brando screen protector on my phone and I really value Brando for their screen protector quality.

I have it on both the back and front. And it stopped the problem with fingerprints all over the player too.

As for taking it off, there definitely is a way to do that, you would need to check Zagg.com as they should have a manual or something for that.

The player looks really sexy with this skin, is very well protected, and what is very important does not have fingerprints all over it

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #3,002 of 3,761
Does anyone know how force the X1060 to connect to your PC in UMS mode (i.e. like a normal external disk), rather than MTP? I tried going into the common settings and enabling the USB mode thing, but whenever I connect it to my computer it's always MTP. Trying to edit mp3 tags directly on the player and can't seem to do that whilsts it's in MTP.

Using Windows 7 but had same problem in XP.

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #3,003 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know how force the X1060 to connect to your PC in UMS mode (i.e. like a normal external disk), rather than MTP? I tried going into the common settings and enabling the USB mode thing, but whenever I connect it to my computer it's always MTP. Trying to edit mp3 tags directly on the player and can't seem to do that whilsts it's in MTP.

Device Manager>Portable Devices. Right click>Update driver. Select: No, not this time, Next.

Select: Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), Next.

Select: Don’t Search. I will choose the driver to install, Next.

Be sure to check the box beside Show compatible hardware.

Highlight USB Mass Storage Device, Next. Done

To go back to MTP:

In Device Manager click on USB Controllers and right-click on each USB Mass Storage Device and click on Update Driver.

In the new window click on Browse my computer for driver software and then let me pick from a list device drivers on my computer. A list of drivers will be shown, on the one that will show you selection between MTP and USB modes choose MTP and click Next.

This will revert your Walkman to MTP mode.

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #3,004 of 3,761
Thanks a lot, will give it a go!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #3,005 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Zagg.com give you a lifetime warranty for the shield. You break it, you report it and get a new one for free as long as you return the old one. If you do not return the old one, only a small charge will be made towards the replacement.

It feels a bit rubbery, not hard like plastic or glass and feels very nice. Nicer than the Brando screen protector on my phone and I really value Brando for their screen protector quality.

I have it on both the back and front. And it stopped the problem with fingerprints all over the player too.

As for taking it off, there definitely is a way to do that, you would need to check Zagg.com as they should have a manual or something for that.

The player looks really sexy with this skin, is very well protected, and what is very important does not have fingerprints all over it

That seems interesting, would be great to see a photo of it on your X
wink_face.gif

Do not know how thick it is, but i take it once it is on i would not be able to use the Sony official leather case with it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Device Manager>Portable Devices. Right click>Update driver. Select: No, not this time, Next.

Select: Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), Next.

Select: Don’t Search. I will choose the driver to install, Next.

Be sure to check the box beside Show compatible hardware.

Highlight USB Mass Storage Device, Next. Done

To go back to MTP:

In Device Manager click on USB Controllers and right-click on each USB Mass Storage Device and click on Update Driver.

In the new window click on Browse my computer for driver software and then let me pick from a list device drivers on my computer. A list of drivers will be shown, on the one that will show you selection between MTP and USB modes choose MTP and click Next.

This will revert your Walkman to MTP mode.

What are the main benifits of using it in UMS mode over MTP?

I am not to familier with using it in UMS mode, but i take it for example if i had the same artist transfer across two albums but one artist name was in caps and another was in lower case and they where showing seperate on the artist list becuase of this i could then edit them both to be the same so next time i scrolled to that artist name both albums would be under just the one name?

Plus also when i get a greatest hits over 2 discs they show as seperate albums in the artist/ album folders when transferred to the X, how can i get them both to malgimate into the same album instead of having the two?
This is even after i have redited the two albums exactly the same so it does not have disc1 or disc2 in the title which i sometimes get, and it still treats them as two seperate albums on the X.

confused_face(1).gif
wink_face.gif
k701smile.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #3,006 of 3,761
Quote:

That seems interesting, would be great to see a photo of it on your X
wink_face.gif

Do not know how thick it is, but i take it once it is on i would not be able to use the Sony official leather case with it?

You would, it is not that thick.

Quote:

What are the main benifits of using it in UMS mode over MTP?

It works like a USB stick and you can access it with apps like MP3Tag etc. Put other files than those supported by the player (I do not know what for though
wink.gif
).

Quote:

I am not to familiar with using it in UMS mode, but i take it for example if i had the same artist transfer across two albums but one artist name was in caps and another was in lower case and they where showing seperate on the artist list becuase of this i could then edit them both to be the same so next time i scrolled to that artist name both albums would be under just the one name?

That would be one of thing you can do.

Quote:

Plus also when i get a greatest hits over 2 discs they show as seperate albums in the artist/ album folders when transferred to the X, how can i get them both to malgimate into the same album instead of having the two?
This is even after i have redited the two albums exactly the same so it does not have disc1 or disc2 in the title which i sometimes get, and it still treats them as two seperate albums on the X.

It is not about the file names. It is about tags built into the files and you need to use MP3Tag to change the tags to show the same Album information for both CDs.

Ladies and Gentlemen forgive me my phtographic skills, or rather lack of them
smily_headphones1.gif

As you can see the shield does not make the picture any worse or anything.

The only tiny and I mean tiny problem (if you can call it that) is that the protector is not cut 100% as it should be, it does not fit the player in 100%. It fits it in around 98%
smily_headphones1.gif

DSC_6568.jpg

DSC_6569.jpg

DSC_6570.jpg

DSC_6593.jpg

DSC_6612.jpg

Jan 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #3,007 of 3,761
Quote:

confused_face(1).gif
wink_face.gif
k701smile.gif

This is in the meta-tagging, and I do it manually in a tag editor (I use dbPoweramp, registered version): change: 1) the album name to be the same; 2) disc# should be the same; 3) the cut sequence (e.g. 1 of 15) should sequence the proper order you want them to display; 4) rename the cut to fit your order (I usually drop the group name and stick with: 01 Paint it Black.m4a, for example); and finally 5) make sure you delete the art association and re-attach to folder.jpg in the folder to display album art (all of this, except soundfile re-naming should be done in the editor). Make sure they are all in the album-named folder and this in turn is in the artist folder. This should work with any multiple disc set and there's probably a way to do this in some group mode, but this works for me (Anthology-Through the Years [Tom Petty] and 40 Licks [Rolling Stones] come to mind)... Good luck.

Jan 16, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #3,008 of 3,761
Thanks for the pics, Szadzik! That Invisible Shield really is invisible!
icon10.gif
Or can you see it better in daylight?

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #3,009 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the pics, Szadzik! That Invisible Shield really is invisible!
icon10.gif
Or can you see it better in daylight?

No difference in daylight.

When you look at it directly under the sun/ towards the sun with light right onto it it looks as if it was wavy, not smooth, but it is not.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #3,010 of 3,761
i have invisible shield on both my touch and balckberry curve 8900 and i can say that it is superb.it is not invisible under normal lightening condition you will see it,and it is not straight its a little bit wavy.it is not thin like other protectors nor thick just right.at the first day you will not be able to swipe the touchscreen but after that it is really really smooth as if there is no screen protector and the sensitivity of my touch doesnt change in the slightest.highly recomended for any product.

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #3,011 of 3,761
Quote:

You would, it is not that thick.

It works like a USB stick and you can access it with apps like MP3Tag etc. Put other files than those supported by the player (I do not know what for though
wink.gif
).

That would be one of thing you can do.

It is not about the file names. It is about tags built into the files and you need to use MP3Tag to change the tags to show the same Album information for both CDs.

Ladies and Gentlemen forgive me my phtographic skills, or rather lack of them
smily_headphones1.gif

As you can see the shield does not make the picture any worse or anything.

The only tiny and I mean tiny problem (if you can call it that) is that the protector is not cut 100% as it should be, it does not fit the player in 100%. It fits it in around 98%
smily_headphones1.gif

DSC_6568.jpg

Cheers, just wanted to know as i have already transferred some albums songs that need changing within the player and i think Fredman22 might of shown the steps to do that below.

Nice photos, thanks.... Are you sure you put the shield on! lol that looks invisible for sure in those photo's there is only a couple of areas you can just make out it is on there.
I think the only way to find out is for me to order one really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredman22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is in the meta-tagging, and I do it manually in a tag editor (I use dbPoweramp, registered version): change: 1) the album name to be the same; 2) disc# should be the same; 3) the cut sequence (e.g. 1 of 15) should sequence the proper order you want them to display; 4) rename the cut to fit your order (I usually drop the group name and stick with: 01 Paint it Black.m4a, for example); and finally 5) make sure you delete the art association and re-attach to folder.jpg in the folder to display album art (all of this, except soundfile re-naming should be done in the editor). Make sure they are all in the album-named folder and this in turn is in the artist folder. This should work with any multiple disc set and there's probably a way to do this in some group mode, but this works for me (Anthology-Through the Years [Tom Petty] and 40 Licks [Rolling Stones] come to mind)... Good luck.

Thanks
wink.gif
i will try this, i use dbpower amp (registered also) to rip my tracks, i take it this is before a cd is ripped or can this be done once an album is on the X?

Just i already have a few of those greatest hits albums that have both disc 1 & 2 showing as seperate albums on the X and a few of the same artist being sperated due to lower and upper case so for example i get two Kings of Leon showing in the artist list instead of just the once.

Will have a play later on, will be nice to try and get all those messy albums arranged properly in the correct order.

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #3,012 of 3,761
Quote:

Thanks
wink.gif
i will try this, i use dbpower amp (registered also) to rip my tracks, i take it this is before a cd is ripped or can this be done once an album is on the X?

In between actually. Once both discs are ripped to your drive move all song files to the same directory and rename it as the album name. I rename the files next so they appear listed in the right order, then individually edit them. The tag editor can be used with explorer (I use Powerdesk). Highlight a sound file, right click, and if you've installed the editor an "Edit ID tag" should be present. Click on that and away you go. I set the album up on my PC, then copy it over - it's easier to correct editing errors on the PC files than on the player for me. More work intensive than normal, but the result is a single album with all the cuts in order. Good luck.

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #3,013 of 3,761
I was thinking the other day

the cable you get with the X - the Line-in one which allows for (I think) you to use other inputs like on an airplane etc, and use the X for amplification and noise cancellation if you desire

does that mean you could plug the line-out of an IPOD into it and enjoy some of the joys of the IPOD but being amped by the X's amp ? and also say you were on a plane you could enjoy noise cancellation etc ?

Jan 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #3,014 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking the other day

the cable you get with the X - the Line-in one which allows for (I think) you to use other inputs like on an airplane etc, and use the X for amplification and noise cancellation if you desire

does that mean you could plug the line-out of an IPOD into it and enjoy some of the joys of the IPOD but being amped by the X's amp ? and also say you were on a plane you could enjoy noise cancellation etc ?

No, because you tried to do that fire will rain from the skies and Steve Jobs himself will materialise and liquidate you for arranging such an unholy union!

In seriousness, that does sound like it might work, but you'd need some cheap 3.5mm plug to plug adapter to join the two cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back