I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 6, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #1,081 of 3,761
Mine came this morning, it's by far the best DAP I've heard
redface.gif

I've not given it much listening yet, as I've got some sort of bug and feel like %&!$ but for the 1/2hr or so it did get, it was awesome.

I had just enough time to RMAA, and weirdly enough it's just slightly behind the Touch2G on the stats front, but it sounds about 5x better
biggrin.gif

Doesn't need to go past 20 with my IE8 either, which is weird, cos since I got my custom moulds, I've had to crank my A818 right to the max?!

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #1,082 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Art, are you transferring while you're charging??? Remember it takes about 2 hours to move 15GB
mad.gif

Hey soozieq, Yeah once the X1060 charged I tried to transfer about 10GB worth of music and on the time estimate window it told me it would take 1 hour and 14 minutes so I just cancelled the transfer and only transfered some music because I was too desperate to find out how this player sounds.

OK here is my opinion of how the X1060 sounds.......

To be honest IMHO the X1060 doesn't sound too different to the S639F. There seems to be more treble in the SQ than on the S639F but thats all. The soundstage seems to be just a little bit bigger but not much but in saying this it is still an awesome sounding player. The X1060 and S639F beats my other players the Cowon D2 and iPod Touch hands down in SQ.

I'll listen again to the X1060 tonight and see if my opinion changes. Another thing it could be the stock phones I am using aswell.

Art

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #1,083 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceOfEgypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im going to return the X...

My girlfriend has listened to it and she is not impressed either...

As you all know i purchased the official Sony leather case, privacy filter and screen protector from Japan.

These Items will be put up for sale in the trader thread. I only want back what i paid for them!

Thanks!

Hi PoE...

Not sure if we ever had this discussion...

What is the other gear / players that you have been using as reference?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #1,084 of 3,761
I'll listen to mine with the AKG81dj, which are 16ohm. I crank up the volume to about 20, no more is needed!

When I plug them back into my NW-A808, the difference in SQ is not hard to notice, soundstage much better and the slight ''shrillness'' in high tones I had is pretty much gone. Bass is more refined and mids have better presence.

All in all I'm very pleased with the X!

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #1,085 of 3,761
Sorry to hear that PoE, hope you find something that you like in the future. Just wondering, have you tried with supplied earphones?

I only listen mine around 15 and that's quite loud to me already?

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #1,086 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
redface.gif

I've not given it much listening yet, as I've got some sort of bug and feel like %&!$ but for the 1/2hr or so it did get, it was awesome.

I had just enough time to RMAA, and weirdly enough it's just slightly behind the Touch2G on the stats front, but it sounds about 5x better
biggrin.gif

Doesn't need to go past 20 with my IE8 either, which is weird, cos since I got my custom moulds, I've had to crank my A818 right to the max?!

Mors-
Congrats on the X1000. I feel the same way when comparing it to my iPhone. It just destroys it in every respect. I guess I'll take all music off of the iPhone and use the storage space for photos. I'll never use it for listening now that I have the X. Good times.... and enjoy the new Sony.

EDIT: I do have a LO cable on the way from Sooz, so I'll see how the iPhone paired with the Mustang amp stacks up. Maybe I won't take all my music off of it just yet.....
icon10.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #1,087 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
redface.gif

biggrin.gif

Glad you like it Mors, I love mine more every day. Any chance of posting those RMMA results for us stat nuts?
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #1,088 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceOfEgypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i do have a cold right now, could that be it!??

You should definately consider waiting till you've got rid of your cold before trying the X again. My ears always get a little blocked when I have colds.

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #1,089 of 3,761
Quote:

Have you tried doing a full factory reset?

So far I have just tried the reset button on the side.
I didnt want to loose all of my music because it takes forever to transfer everything but now I guess I have to try and start over.
Anyone know when the X is released in Canada or the USA?

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #1,090 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey soozieq, Yeah once the X1060 charged I tried to transfer about 10GB worth of music and on the time estimate window it told me it would take 1 hour and 14 minutes so I just cancelled the transfer and only transfered some music because I was too desperate to find out how this player sounds.

OK here is my opinion of how the X1060 sounds.......

To be honest IMHO the X1060 doesn't sound too different to the S639F. There seems to be more treble in the SQ than on the S639F but thats all. The soundstage seems to be just a little bit bigger but not much but in saying this it is still an awesome sounding player. The X1060 and S639F beats my other players the Cowon D2 and iPod Touch hands down in SQ.

I'll listen again to the X1060 tonight and see if my opinion changes. Another thing it could be the stock phones I am using aswell.

Art

You will notice more with better cans, with my 639 and the X with the stock phones the difference is minimal. With the phonak PFE the difference is very apparent between the two.

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #1,091 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by scourge18a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far I have just tried the reset button on the side.
I didnt want to loose all of my music because it takes forever to transfer everything but now I guess I have to try and start over.
Anyone know when the X is released in Canada or the USA?

June 20 for USA.

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #1,092 of 3,761
Well done Mors, another one in the club....
wink.gif

Can't wait for my replacement to arrive, usually the novelty wears off after having something for a couple of days but the anticipation is worse than the first one.
biggrin.gif

It was fun the other day going out looking for wifi hot spots and playing youtube vids in the car.
dt880smile.png

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #1,093 of 3,761
Just for reference from me i noticed my Shure E500's only need a volume of between 15-18 depending how mad i am feeling!

And my Senn IE8's had to go from 20-23 for the same sort of volume.

Only been using really through my Naim Healineamp & AKG 702's as i only have a few WAV files on there to see how it sounds until i work out how to use the Dbpoweramp programme to convert files, but through that in the Sony BCR-NU5 cradle line-out it sounds very accomplished and makes my 702 sing, so cannot wait to get a collection on there which brings me to the following.....

confused_face_2.gif
I am having probs with trying to get dbpoweramp to work in aac with trying to get the acc encoder to work? can i use the db cd ripper also to convert files from there or do i need to use the convertor solely to do that.

Finally do you guys who use dbpower amp use the free version or do you use the upgraded one?

Just having problems getting it up and running as i uselsss with software like this! Makes me want to just dump mp3 @320 through WMP if it could recall album data properly!

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #1,094 of 3,761
What is the DAC of the Sony X1000? I am only interested in it by the SQ. I prefer the better options of Cowon S9 but the SQ if it is of similar signature to the D2 is not for me (cold and not very open soundstage)

Anybody knows the S9 DAc?

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #1,095 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you like it Mors, I love mine more every day. Any chance of posting those RMMA results for us stat nuts?
biggrin.gif

Here you go mate
smily_headphones1.gif

A couple of things to note:

1. I deliberatly tweaked my 818's top end in the firmware, so I know it's a bit bright :s It was either have it roll off a bit, or bring it up a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

2. I have no idea what is going on with the X's crosstalk but I repeated the test a few times :s
3. All test were done loaded to my IE8

Frequency response
a818touchx.png

Noise
noisem.png

Stereo Crosstalk
crosstalk.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back