I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Nov 4, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #3,646 of 3,761
Thank goodness I got my new X in time...love this player. 

Huge sound possible with IE8 and adjustable. Totally happy! 

I hope Sony will always have something at least as good in SQ as the X in production... 

Wondering how the Cowon X7 will compare in SQ.

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #3,647 of 3,761
NYC....I am grieving.  Drunk as hell friday night/ saturday morning, basically passed out on the 4 train....someone pickpocket me for pack of cigarettes, my X1000, and my shure se530's.  Do I re-purchase or can someone reccomend something newer.  Does any body know if sony plans to release 32 or 64 gb a series in usa?  I really don't want to mess around with any other brand than sony, tried other brands (sansa, creative, apple, cowon...) they just don't do it for my ears. 

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #3,648 of 3,761

Quote:
NYC....I am grieving.  Drunk as hell friday night/ saturday morning, basically passed out on the 4 train....someone pickpocket me for pack of cigarettes, my X1000, and my shure se530's.  Do I re-purchase or can someone reccomend something newer.  Does any body know if sony plans to release 32 or 64 gb a series in usa?  I really don't want to mess around with any other brand than sony, tried other brands (sansa, creative, apple, cowon...) they just don't do it for my ears. 

Sony just released new Walkman DAP's, but they are not being sold in the US.  No new touchscreen player was released, but the new A series (A845) has the same features in a smaller package.  It comes in a 64gb model, but the price will be steep.

Nov 5, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #3,649 of 3,761
i think its better to still buy an x series walkman than the a series.
the a series cannot match the sound quality of the x.
that is only my opinion, based on some of the reviews i have read.

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #3,650 of 3,761
Ah man, that sucks!

A great thing about living in Japan is that you can basically pass out with your wallet, cellphone and DAP next to you, and it will still be there when you wake up. My home country Sweden is more like the US. I'm sure gonna miss the sense of security here in Japan when I return to Sweden.

Even if the X series is discontinued (here in Japan it has not been available in stores for about 1 month), I think you should go for a new X.
I am not a Sony guy, but in my impression, the X series seems to be the most appreciated among the Sony DAP:s when it comes to sound.

Quote:

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #3,652 of 3,761
While the X series is gone from the Sony stores in Ireland, its still on sale in some other electronic shops. But the price has never dropped. A few pop up on the local classified ads though. I've been temped to get one. But my A818 is still going strong and X is a lot more expensive. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #3,653 of 3,761
What affordable LODs are available for the player?

Dec 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #3,654 of 3,761
^^  Just check out the previous page, post # 3638.

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #3,655 of 3,761
I just did battery test on my 12 months old Sony X walkman 16gb, and it still gives me 25 hours flat!!! Well, during past year I didn't use it that much ... 
wink.gif

During the test, I used 50% volume( 15/30) on stock earbuds without any eq or settings with a one break of 2 days between continuous playback.
1st playback-5:30 continuous pb.
2nd playback-19:30 continuous pb.
music files- 320 kbps mp3.

And ya loving its sound with Grado-sr80 very much..
dt880smile.png

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #3,660 of 3,761
I love it too...but for the additional storage + battery + full EQ I will buy a Cowon X7 to compliment my Sony X (the X7 is bigger and slower).

Hmmm, unless Sony have something up their sleeve... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back