1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by soozieq, May 14, 2009.
First

Back
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
Next

Last
  1. ShootingStars
    Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Nope. AFAIK, only the new Japan-only A840 series have that function.

meh oh well haha

2. Neeley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aalien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'm sorry soozieq, but I do not wish to get involved in that sort of thing with Pixmania. The answer is no. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a suggestion, soozie isn't asking you to do it. [​IMG]

3. midoo1990
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aalien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'm sorry soozieq, but I do not wish to get involved in that sort of thing with Pixmania. The answer is no. [​IMG]

lol,the answer is no for what?she didn't even asked you anything,it was a suggestion.if I were you I would get one that is not capped because if you get a portable amp,you must set the player's volume all the way up and control the volume from the amp.most of portable amps don't have enough power to drive big headphones or high ohm headphones so if the volume is capped,you will make things even worst.it's your player and you should do whatever you think suitable for you.if you want to get an amp to drive iems,then the volume capped X will not be a trouble because an amp is powerful enough to drive any iem out there.

4. DVDIT
    Is the battery user serviceable on the x series ? What about on the Cowon S9 ?

5. deusofhearts
    Hey guys, I'm currently pairing the IE8's with a Sony Walkman X1060. I love it, but I'm getting some hiss. It's not too bad but it's very noticeable during quiet passages or when I listen at low volumes. I'm Thinking about picking up these these but was wondering if they'd degrade SQ.. or if they are even the correct resistor for my pairing.

6. dikiz
    I could not find this information in the user manual so I'm asking here : What's the best size for cover arts in tags?

I tried 500x500 but it was taking way too long to load, I also tried 200x200 which seems fine but I'm wondering if you guys have found something yet more fit?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dikiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I could not find this information in the user manual so I'm asking here : What's the best size for cover arts in tags?

I tried 500x500 but it was taking way too long to load, I also tried 200x200 which seems fine but I'm wondering if you guys have found something yet more fit?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I think it is meant to be 300 x 300 ideally if i am not wrong?, so don't quote me on that, just remember that from way back somewhere within these threads.

I have a mixture of ratio album art as sometimes i pull images of google for album art and it can vary, but i find no problem with loading times even with 500x500. just uses up more kb in the file i find with a good quality scan copy.

It's only when i transfer one and it is to small i go back and find one that fits with the correct ratio.

Help that was of some help even though it does not clarify much! [​IMG]

8. dikiz
    Well, I have another question. Basically I'd like to use SyncBack (pro) to mirror a PC folder to the X, but my problem is the WALKMAN folder does not appear in SynckBack's browsing window when I want to choose the destination folder.
    I'm surprised there's no letter (D:, E:, etc) related to the portable media player. I copied "My Computer\WALKMAN\Storage Media" in the target field, but syncback won't still find the player.

Does someone know about that?

9. Szadzik
    Quote:

Well, I have another question. Basically I'd like to use SyncBack (pro) to mirror a PC folder to the X, but my problem is the WALKMAN folder does not appear in SynckBack's browsing window when I want to choose the destination folder.
    I'm surprised there's no letter (D:, E:, etc) related to the portable media player. I copied "My Computer\WALKMAN\Storage Media" in the target field, but syncback won't still find the player.

Does someone know about that?

It is not going to be possible because when you connect i, it is not connected as a mass storage device.

There is a hack to connect it as such, you may want to search for it and when you connect it as a mass storage device, you will be able to sync it.

10. jfindon
    So the bottom line is basically that this sounds amazing? Sometime down the road I'm going to look for a new player, and this is about the highest capacity flash one I've seen.

Knowing my luck it's either already discontinued or will be shortly, that usually happens to me [​IMG]

11. dikiz
  12. cn11
    Just get it now. [​IMG]

...it really does sound awesome. My iPhone 3G is not worthy of having any music on it, and sounds thin and cold by comparison.

13. midoo1990
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Just get it now. [​IMG]

...it really does sound awesome. My iPhone 3G is not worthy of having any music on it, and sounds thin and cold by comparison.

i hated my EX-iphone 3g sound quality that i sold it in 3.5 days after purchasing it 3 months ago,the ipod touch 2g trumps it in every possible way.

14. jfindon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Just get it now. [​IMG]

Who else carries it other than Sony's own site? Newegg only has an open box version.

15. Szadzik
    Quote:

I managed to do it thanks to Sylvester Stallion in this thread :
    Walkman device No drive letter

That's a good find!

First

Back
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
Next

Last