1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by soozieq, May 14, 2009.
First

Back
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
Next

Last
  1. Installation
    Is this 'volume limit' for France only? Or all EU countries?

2. timmyGCSE
  3. ShootingStars
    for people buying on ebay get a 10x1 model not a 10x0 because it may be volume capped

4. Negakinu
    For the record, I have a European (Benelux) X1050 and it is NOT capped. There is an option in the menu to enable this. It is OPTIONAL.

5. timmyGCSE
    just did a quick A/B with a collegues touch (not sure which gen), the bass on the X is far more controlled and less boomy and the highs and mids are more realistic. Very noticible.

6. soozieq
    It's only the French ones that are volume capped. As far as I'm aware, Sony stopped volume limiting outside France a few years ago, around the time I got my 808 I think. Before that, the rest of Europe had to suffer too.

7. ShootingStars
    does the sony x have repeat A-B?

8. Buckster
    with my PX100 headphones even with AVLS enabled - I find it MORE than loud enough

13 is what I'd class as "loud" - for me anyway

9. Buckster
    with my PX100 headphones even with AVLS enabled - I find it MORE than loud enough

13 is what I'd class as "loud" - for me anyway

10. Jodiuh
    It's times like these when I'm so happy to have Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Amazon.com, and Newegg.com. Sorry about all this aalien. [​IMG]

11. soozieq
    aalien - I've returned 2 items to Pixmania before and they didn't give me any grief about the refund. They just made sure it took forever to credit me, but they did refund in the end! Email them and say you weren't aware your X was volume capped and just ask for your money back, say it isn't suitable for you. You've got nothing to lose by emailing them. Hope you get a good result [​IMG]

12. aalien
    I'm sorry soozieq, but I do not wish to get involved in that sort of thing with Pixmania. The answer is no. [​IMG]

I know this isn't really the right place to ask, but would it help getting an amp or headphone? Or does the volume-cap in the player also cap the volume that come out through the amp/headphones?

And in that case, which would you recommend for getting most audio out of it, while the quality is still intact? I might be willing to spend a good portion of money on them. I've considered the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro before, as I've heard some very good stories about them.

13. ShootingStars
    does the X have repeat A-B... that would be godly for me

14. spuddler
    Hi, things could have changed/be changing, at least slightly maybe at Pixmania.

Pixmania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read lots in the past about them, & bit about Dixon's taking them over.
    Can't remember if i have bought from them in the past, but if price was right, i wouldn't discount them completely [​IMG] .Plus, i'd return anything not suitable etc.

Cheers BOB

15. toughnut
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingStars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    does the X have repeat A-B... that would be godly for me

Nope. AFAIK, only the new Japan-only A840 series have that function.

First

Back
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
Next

Last