1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by soozieq, May 14, 2009.
First

Back
178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
Next

Last
  1. alitarbegshe
    Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    pure sexxxxx

yes it sounds better than a fuze, noticibly.
    Yes it looks better than a fuze, muchly,
    overall more sex than a fuze, definatly.

All the more for paying £90 [​IMG]

2. timmyGCSE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    IMO, the X suited very well with clarity centric IEMs. Now, I use the X more and more after I got my custom IEMs, Unique Melody Mages. Now I can see and appreciate how good is the X's SQ. So, from what I have read about JH13Pros, I think you may enjoy and happy with the X.

but thats the thing..the S2 aren't really an IEM known for its clarity, a number of reviewers say it looses detail in the midrange and I noticed it myself too but the Sony just opens it up completely! I thought it may be a fluke of listening whilst half asleep and you know you're in that kinda euphoric half dreaming place where things may or may not be imagined..yea? ahem..well yea lol anyway was exactly the same on the train this morning, beautiful sounding. My gf will be chuffed when I give her my Fuze (oi oi [​IMG]) and I'm chuffed with my X, winrar for me [​IMG] plus yea far too excited to get the 13's

Quote:

Originally Posted by alitarbegshe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    All the more for paying £90 [​IMG]

yep all teh more sechs [​IMG]

3. Antrax
    Sony X can run JH-13 ampless?! :O

4. timmyGCSE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Antrax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Sony X can run JH-13 ampless?! :O

my fuze ran the demo unit fine ampless. bit of hiss hiss granted.
    They scale up, will work and sound fantastic straight out of a DAP but will sound even better out of an amp, winrar

5. Antrax
    would the DAP matter when using an amp?

6. timmyGCSE
    Quote:

well..yes, the DAP always matters if you like in a general sense, formats supported, battery life, functions etc but you mean in terms of SQ..yes it does. Straight from the headphone jack to the amp then yes, If you are using a LOD straight to the amp then yes too but not as much but I may be corrected on that

7. Antrax
    so its like DAP's SQ + amp SQ + headphone SQ...
    if all of them got a slightly warm sound signature, all together they make a very HOT sound?

8. Canman Contributor
    Quote:

Yes, assuming you are running an amp from a true line out you are still relying on the DAP for Digital to Analog conversion.

And yes, the JH13 sounds very good out of the X. The internal amplifier in the X is plenty for efficient headphones.

9. aalien
    I received my x1060 yesterday.

Unfortunately I bought it from Pixmania, France = Volume cap. [​IMG]
    I've been experimenting with the EQ for an hour. That way, I managed to get a bit more volume (mainly from the bass).

It is especially the extremely quiet vocals that irritates me. [​IMG]
    My love for Black Metal (VOCALS) doesn't exactly make my situation any better. [​IMG]

Is there any way to get more volume out of it? [​IMG]

10. Jodiuh
    Wow, that sucks. I had no volume problems w/ mine at all. I'd return and buy a different version.

11. timmyGCSE
    my UK X1050 has an option in the settings menu to turn AVLS off [​IMG]

12. Jodiuh
    I think AVLS's something even the US players have. Perhaps aalien's referring to something else.

13. soozieq
    You can turn AVLS on and off from the settings menu, it's just an auto volume limiter. But aalien's X seems to be actually volume capped because of French regulations. aalien, how long have you had it? I would contact Pixmania and say your X is severely volume limited and you weren't aware of the capping until you heard it. And then buy one from anywhere other than France. Good luck with Pixmania!

14. toughnut
    How bout switching the "Service Country" under SETTINGS to others? Or perhaps flash it with new v1.10 firmware?

15. aalien
    I would never dare to send it back to Pixmania.
    After I had bought it, I learned that Pixmania is the most UNRELIABLE web shop on the net. [​IMG]
    I've red about people's experience with Pixmania.
    If I send it back, I will at best get my money back on my "Pixmania account", which I have to use on other equipment of theirs!! [​IMG]
    From what I've heard, I'd be lucky if I'd even get the money to that account. [​IMG]
    Even the Norwegian consumer ombudsman (I'm in Norway) has sent a written complaint to French authorities about Pixmania (!). [​IMG]

I've checked the AVLS. It was even turned off by default.
    I've tried switching the service country to Norway.
    And I've also downloaded and installed version 1.10 of the firmware.
    Nothing happened. [​IMG]

I've been studying this on the net, and have red that people with the same problem have sometimes asked the community how to get into the firmware and somehow remove the volume cap. [​IMG]
    I've never seen an informative reply on how to do that, though. [​IMG]

Maybe I have to use an amp, or powerful headphone to get the volume I want? [​IMG]
    This is, however the last thing I would do (economic reasons). I don't even know if that would help?

As for reference, I find the included In-Ear headphones to produce more powerful volume (mainly bass) than my PortaPros...

30 is the maximal volume my player can reach. Is it like this on other versions as well?

First

Back
178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
Next

Last