1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by soozieq, May 14, 2009.
First
 
Back
177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186
188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
Next
 
Last
  1. DVDIT
    Thanks for that info. I will be on a lookout for a 1051 or 1061 if they appear sale for at least 40% off. Otherwise, I will just buy the Cowon S9. I will hang ob to my X5 and Sanza fuze for now.
     
  2. Canman Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    eBay, (slightly) used. Only one available....



    Return of the X. I've been enjoying your X1061. [​IMG]
     
  3. dosley01
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Canman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Return of the X. I've been enjoying your X1061. [​IMG]



    I almost PM'd you to see if you wanted to sell it back to me.....I'm glad it found a good home. [​IMG]

    I keep telling myself, I'm done, I'm happy, I don't need anymore stuff and somehow I ended up with another X and some TF10s.....

    I'm going to have to start blocking access to Head-Fi on my firewall.
     
  4. timmyGCSE
    pure sexxxxx

    yes it sounds better than a fuze, noticibly.
    Yes it looks better than a fuze, muchly,
    overall more sex than a fuze, definatly.

    edit: so yea I got mine this afternoon..just spent the last 2 hours tagging all my music with album art since the fuze only supported it with jpg's and not ID3 tag art
     
  5. cn11
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    pure sexxxxx

    yes it sounds better than a fuze, noticibly.
    Yes it looks better than a fuze, muchly,
    overall more sex than a fuze, definatly.

    edit: so yea I got mine this afternoon..just spent the last 2 hours tagging all my music with album art since the fuze only supported it with jpg's and not ID3 tag art




    Just wait until it's broken in after around a week's listening. It's well documented here that the internal amp opens up after time is put on it. I noticed mainly that the soundstage gets wider and more 3D.

    Enjoy.
     
  6. HONEYBOY
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Just wait until it's broken in after around a week's listening. It's well documented here that the internal amp opens up after time is put on it. I noticed mainly that the soundstage gets wider and more 3D.

    Enjoy.




    Do you guys also think that the treble opened up a bit more with burn in? I recall with my old IE8 that sometimes the top end was a bit too soft or calm but now I hear a bit more energy in the treble which I like.
     
  7. cn11
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Do you guys also think that the treble opened up a bit more with burn in? I recall with my old IE8 that sometimes the top end was a bit too soft or calm but now I here a bit more energy in the treble which I like.



    I think it did, yeah. I remember when I first had it and was comparing it to the A829... I thought the treble was a bit soft in comparison, but after some time it had opened up to be markedly better.
     
  8. timmyGCSE
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Just wait until it's broken in after around a week's listening. It's well documented here that the internal amp opens up after time is put on it. I noticed mainly that the soundstage gets wider and more 3D.

    Enjoy.




    really? sounds good [​IMG] notice a much richer sound than the Fuze with small detail more apparent and with better decay on notes.
    I sent the Cowon D2+ back because for me it didn't sound anything better than the fuze, infact I prefered it less, but the X is a keeper fo'sure
     
  9. cn11
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    really? sounds good [​IMG] notice a much richer sound than the Fuze with small detail more apparent and with better decay on notes.
    I sent the Cowon D2+ back because for me it didn't sound anything better than the fuze, infact I prefered it less, but the X is a keeper fo'sure




    It really is a keeper. I have a Cowon S9 currently, and thought I'd keep it because of its slightly different sound signature, but after realizing I just spend all my time with the X1060 (especially paired with the ALO Rx) I've decided it's going on the chopping block.

    On another note, I see in your sig that you have the JH13's ordered. Please be sure to post on what the sound is like paired with the X. I've considered going that route myself.
     
  10. timmyGCSE
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    It really is a keeper. I have a Cowon S9 currently, and thought I'd keep it because of its slightly different sound signature, but after realizing I just spend all my time with the X1060 (especially paired with the ALO Rx) I've decided it's going on the chopping block.

    On another note, I see in your sig that you have the JH13's ordered. Please be sure to post on what the sound is like paired with the X. I've considered going that route myself.




    I sure will [​IMG] oh and yea hahaha I've noticed the big difference just using my Klipsch S2's! I demo'd the 13's with my fuze and was mightly impressed soo..can't wait for a couple of weeks time for the 13's [​IMG]
     
  11. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

    On another note, I see in your sig that you have the JH13's ordered. Please be sure to post on what the sound is like paired with the X. I've considered going that route myself.






    Quote:

    Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I sure will [​IMG] oh and yea hahaha I've noticed the big difference just using my Klipsch S2's! I demo'd the 13's with my fuze and was mightly impressed soo..can't wait for a couple of weeks time for the 13's [​IMG]



    Me too! I am jumping on the JH13 bandwagon in 1st Q of 2010 hopefully and am eagerly interested to see what they sound like with the X?[​IMG]

    Just wish now for the first time that the X did support something like flac as i dont think wma or aac will cut it with the JH13's...
     
  12. timmyGCSE
    I will sure post my impressions. Listening with PortaPro's now..sounds brilliant [​IMG]
     
  13. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I will sure post my impressions. Listening with PortaPro's now..sounds brilliant [​IMG]



    So far i have found the X sounds impressive with S530, EC4, IE8's, fx500's, AKG702's, so can't start to imagine what the JH13's would sound like with the X [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     
  14. timmyGCSE
    yea can't wait. Either the X and Klipsch S2's have great synergy or this DAP really is so much better than the fuze. I sat in bed last night giving it a proper listen and the difference was astounding, detail and soundstage mostly, better textured bass but the S2's bass is still a bit boomy but thats just the IEM, mids by far stronger and whilst the S2s are dark the treble was coming through.
    I paid £20 for my S2's..listening to them on the X I would say they were £60+ IEM's
     
  15. bakhtiar
    IMO, the X suited very well with clarity centric IEMs. Now, I use the X more and more after I got my custom IEMs, Unique Melody Mages. Now I can see and appreciate how good is the X's SQ. So, from what I have read about JH13Pros, I think you may enjoy and happy with the X.
     
First
 
Back
177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186
188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
Next
 
Last

Share This Page