1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by soozieq, May 14, 2009.
First
 
Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next
 
Last
  1. dura
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ShootingStars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    if my music is in 320 mp3, would converting to WMA vbr make it better?
    i know that there will be a loss but just wondering if the instrument sep. and etc. would improve then




    Don't do that, it'll get worse. First you compressed to MP3, then, in converting, it gets expanded first and then compressed again to WMA. You have two different compression actions and both give losses.
     
  2. Wetworks
    For those that might be looking for a good deal on the NWZ-X1061 32gb, Newegg is running a 10% rebate if you purchase $200 and pay with Paypal. The 1061 is at an all time low right now on Newegg for $299 - $30 = $269.99.

    Newegg


    .
     
  3. Wetworks
    Well, I ordered the NWZ-X1061. Couldn't resist at that price. I have a NWZ-S545 and Touch Pro 2 that I'm going to compare it to. Should come sometime next week, very excited. I have a feeling the S545 is going to go back to whence it came.
     
  4. jeycam
    I'm listening to K701 straight from X1050 right now and it's an awesome player! Sounds better than my Micro DAC. I've just decided to sell all of my rig and buy A847 and JH13 Pro - it's that good. I'm really impressed.
     
  5. DVDIT
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Wetworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    For those that might be looking for a good deal on the NWZ-X1061 32gb, Newegg is running a 10% rebate if you purchase $200 and pay with Paypal. The 1061 is at an all time low right now on Newegg for $299 - $30 = $269.99.

    Newegg


    .




    Went to Newegg to place my order. At checkout I didn't see the discount. I then read the fine print and the cash back is like a lotto. There is no way to know whether you get the cash back or not until the cash is deposited to my Paypal account in Jan 2010. Since the money allocated for this promo is limited, there is a chance the money is already out. And if that is the case you don't get ant 10 % cash back even if you used this promotion to buy the product. I can't gamble with this kind of promotion. Good price though.
     
  6. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jeycam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'm listening to K701 straight from X1050 right now and it's an awesome player! Sounds better than my Micro DAC. I've just decided to sell all of my rig and buy A847 and JH13 Pro - it's that good. I'm really impressed.



    I find the X is still not enough to power my K702's by themselve's and still needs an amp, using the lineout through the dock.
    That is what i use most nights when i have my desktop amp next to me as the K702 micro detail is sick and is a cut above my iem's.

    But the JH13's may change that and are my next purchase and cant wait to hear them when i get them, won't be until 1st Q of 2010 though! : (

    You will have to let us know what it is like when you get the JH13's with the X [​IMG][​IMG]
     
  7. fatman
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Wetworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Well, I ordered the NWZ-X1061. Couldn't resist at that price. I have a NWZ-S545 and Touch Pro 2 that I'm going to compare it to. Should come sometime next week, very excited. I have a feeling the S545 is going to go back to whence it came.



    I am happy you can get a cheaper SONY X. I am unhappy my SONY X devalued for about 1/3 just for few months.
     
  8. timmyGCSE
    for everyone in the UK, Argos are doing the X1050 for £149.99, if you collect instore you get £10 gift card back this weekend only, effectively making it £139.99 (provided you wish to buy something else in argos).

    My brother in law works for homebase so gets 10% off at Argos, and I need to buy a £10 christmas present from Argos, which effectively makes the X1050 £125 for me. Reserved online picking up over the weekend [​IMG]

    .....but then anythingbutipod state the X series sounding as good as the clip:
    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...000-review.php

    Quote:

    Speaking now about the player itself, the sound quality is top notch as most Sony players are- but this one is my favorite. Its clean and even throughout the spectrum holding up well in the low end much like the Clip. What I really like about this player’s sound signature it is very neutral. Typically, Sony players sound a bit on the cold side or “too digital”. The X-1000 on the other hand is warmer, but not as warm as the Cowon S9- hence the neutrality. In terms of sound quality this player ranks up there with the Sansa Clip as one of my favorites.



    :-/ I'm not after all the fancy hoo har built into the X, just best SQ..well in that case I might as well just keep my Fuze and get a 16GB MicroSD and iBasso T3D..shirley?
     
  9. alitarbegshe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    for everyone in the UK, Argos are doing the X1050 for £149.99, if you collect instore you get £10 gift card back this weekend only, effectively making it £139.99 (provided you wish to buy something else in argos).

    My brother in law works for homebase so gets 10% off at Argos, and I need to buy a £10 christmas present from Argos, which effectively makes the X1050 £125 for me. Reserved online picking up over the weekend [​IMG]




    And don't forget cashback!

    Walkman Cashback Offer : Sony
    [​IMG]

    I will let someone else elaborate, but they really are quite good......................
     
  10. Buckster
     
  11. timmyGCSE
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by alitarbegshe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    And don't forget cashback!

    Walkman Cashback Offer : Sony
    [​IMG]

    I will let someone else elaborate, but they really are quite good......................




    arrrgh you made it pretty much an unmissable deal!

    Quote:

    My fuze sounds nice and punch, but grainy sounding - hard to describe.

    but the Sony is just about perfect - I'm so pleased with mine



    and this doesn't help either! dammmmn you head-fi spending my money
     
  12. dissembled
    I've had the X now for a couple of months and yes, I agree that the browser is pretty lousy (as stated many times before) but I absolutely love, love, love, the Youtube & Slacker applications. The Youtube application is especially well implemented since you can instantly search for the song or its artist at just a touch (or two) away. Makes finding other songs by a specific artist that much more easier.

    It also allows me to watch sexy X360 Elite videos while lying down on bed. (Just bought one and am very excited. Oh hufreakinrrah!)

    While the sound quality (in general) is bested by my diymod, comparing it to an amped setup is completely unfair. I would also say it is the best sounding unamped player that I've heard yet. Bests my Amp 3 Pro 2, and Clip (v2).

    My suggestion for you bed rig users would be to get some capable full-sized phones with it. I much prefer the AD900s to my UM3Xs as I find the sound substantially airier, fuller and a touch more detailed albeit at the expense of some bass. (I did have some fit problems with the 3xs in the past but that was soon remedied by installing different sized tips. Even then though, I prefer my AD900s to them.)
     
  13. dosley01
    Just wanted to post my Sony saga:

    03/2009 Bought Sony NWZ-A728 - Very Happy with it, sounds great!
    08/2009 Sold A728, Bought NWZ-X1061 - Upgraditus got the best of me!
    11/2009 Sold X1061, Bought NWZ-A726 - Felt guilty about buying new TV and needed to subsidize the cost, then after living with my Ipod video for 2 weeks, needed to go back to a Sony.
    12/2009 - Bought NWZ-X1051 - Could not cut it with only 4GB on the A series and got a great deal on a X1051 ($150). I guess it's time to put the A726 up for sale.

    This seems a bit crazy, I just wanted to share what Head-Fi can do to a person.....
     
  14. DVDIT
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Just wanted to post my Sony saga:

    03/2009 Bought Sony NWZ-A728 - Very Happy with it, sounds great!
    08/2009 Sold A728, Bought NWZ-X1061 - Upgraditus got the best of me!
    11/2009 Sold X1061, Bought NWZ-A726 - Felt guilty about buying new TV and needed to subsidize the cost, then after living with my Ipod video for 2 weeks, needed to go back to a Sony.
    12/2009 - Bought NWZ-X1051 - Could not cut it with only 4GB on the A series and got a great deal on a X1051 ($150). I guess it's time to put the A726 up for sale.

    This seems a bit crazy, I just wanted to share what Head-Fi can do to a person.....




    $150 is a great deal for the 1051. Can you tell me where you bought it from ?
     
  15. dosley01
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by DVDIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    $150 is a great deal for the 1051. Can you tell me where you bought it from ?



    eBay, (slightly) used. Only one available....
     
First
 
Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next
 
Last

Share This Page