1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by soozieq, May 14, 2009.
First

Back
174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183
185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194
Next

Last
  1. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Installation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    There's probably (hopefully) a program that just converts most video to x-series size/formats that I could find I guess. It wouldn't principally be a video player, just for when I'm bored on the train etc.

I think i remember someone posting a free program that does it all the converting to the X for video most prob last 10 to 20 pages back or so.
    I was meaning to try it, but hae not had time, check it out.
    There are other programs people have recomended buried deep in these thread's somewhere.

Worth a read these threads from the start if you get the time, it's a wealth of info buried in there [​IMG]

Same here, i only used the video so far for just going to bed and caught up on the Glastonbury'09 downloaded via bbc i>player.

2. Villanmac
    Just a heads up for ppl who are looking for a decent deal.

199quid at advancedmp3players

Redeem this code at the checkout - MVC10 and its £179.99, still with the free next day delivery and a couple of cheap desktop speakers thrown in. 129.99 quid when I claim my 50quid cashback!!

Getting mine on Wednesday - not expecting much of an improvement in terms of sound quality because my last couple of mp3's were sony, but it looks quality

3. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Villanmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Getting mine on Wednesday - not expecting much of an improvement in terms of sound quality because my last couple of mp3's were sony, but it looks quality

You might just be in for a surprise depending on what your last Sony models where.

Get the right iem's and you will be all set for hours of bliss.
    The X digital amp is a step up from previous models, it whipped my A829 straight out the box that it was put on Fleabay the following week.

That Amp3 deal with redeem code + cashback @ £130 is even better than what Amazon was doing with cash back,
    bargain.

Installation - Surly that's got to be tempting at that price^^ ?
    Dont know how much a E5 amp is, but i doubt you would need it with the X digital amp being that good anyway.

4. Installation
    It is tempting, very much so, but riiiight now I can't really afford very much at all. There'll be future price drops anyway later on :p (maybe after student finance stop messing me around...)

5. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

It is tempting, very much so, but riiiight now I can't really afford very much at all. There'll be future price drops anyway later on :p (maybe after student finance stop messing me around...)

Ah, your a tax dodger! lol ; )
    I know a couple of people that had their student loan screwed up this year and one has still not recieved the full amount yet.

Maybe we should rob a bank together as i need a pair of JH13pros![​IMG]

No chance Santa will bring you an X then this x-mas?

By time you do get around to it the new X might be out and you will get the current X dirt cheap, or by then you might have the finances to get the newer model, but that amp3 deal does make me feel sick to think i paid £230 for mine back in May, but they was doing the rounds @ £275 -300 back then.

6. Installation
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Ah, your a tax dodger! lol ; )
    I know a couple of people that had their student loan screwed up this year and one has still not recieved the full amount yet.

Maybe we should rob a bank together as i need a pair of JH13pros![​IMG]

No chance Santa will bring you an X then this x-mas?

By time you do get around to it the new X might be out and you will get the current X dirt cheap, or by then you might have the finances to get the newer model, but that amp3 deal does make me feel sick to think i paid £230 for mine back in May, but they was doing the rounds @ £275 -300 back then.

No chance on the X, I could forego some rather decent shoes but, well, priorities :p. Atm I don't feel the need to get a new mp3 player anyway (and I still haven't truly decided between the x/s9 yet either).

7. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

No chance on the X, I could forego some rather decent shoes but, well, priorities :p. Atm I don't feel the need to get a new mp3 player anyway (and I still haven't truly decided between the x/s9 yet either).

Don't want to rob that bank then! lol

Who needs shoes anyway, let the air get to your bare feet when you walk!

The S9 and X is another matter, i cannot personally compare as i have not owned the S9, but i do believe there have been some X owners on here that have owned both and i think if i remember rightly the X nicks it for SQ, but again they both have their strength's and weaknesses.

Another trudge through these threads has that info in there somewhere.[​IMG]

8. Installation
    Quote:

Don't want to rob that bank then! lol

Who needs shoes anyway, let the air get to your bare feet when you walk!

The S9 and X is another matter, i cannot personally compare as i have not owned the S9, but i do believe there have been some X owners on here that have owned both and i think if i remember rightly the X nicks it for SQ, but again they both have their strength's and weaknesses.

Another trudge through these threads has that info in there somewhere.[​IMG]

When it comes closer to the time to get a new player I'll read the whole epic story (surely this goes beyond being a mere thread now? [​IMG]), though if I'm honest I am leaning towards the s9 still, due to the video + it supports .ogg etc. Then again, the x is now so much more cheaper [​IMG]

9. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

When it comes closer to the time to get a new player I'll read the whole epic story (surely this goes beyond being a mere thread now? [​IMG]), though if I'm honest I am leaning towards the s9 still, due to the video + it supports .ogg etc. Then again, the x is now so much more cheaper [​IMG]

Yeah, it's more like a biblical long strung out piece of thread [​IMG]

Whichever way you go i am sure it will be a hard choice, it all comes down to what you will want most out of your player.

Just be sure to swat up on headfi before making a final choice as it will give you that invaluable information from other users who have owned one or both of them.

Good luck when it come to making your choice.

May the "X" be with you & a Merry X-mas [​IMG]

10. Installation
    Quote:

Yeah, it's more like a biblical long strung out piece of thread [​IMG]

Whichever way you go i am sure it will be a hard choice, it all comes down to what you will want most out of your player.

Just be sure to swat up on headfi before making a final choice as it will give you that invaluable information from other users who have owned one or both of them.

Good luck when it come to making your choice.

May the "X" be with you & a Merry X-mas [​IMG]

Yeah, of course I'll check up on here :p, I'd be insane not to. A quick skim of some pages of this thread have decided for me that if I get the X some FX500s would be a good earphone to get with it, so that's what I'm aspiring to at the moment notwithstanding the idea of getting an s9.

Thanks

11. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Yeah, of course I'll check up on here :p, I'd be insane not to. A quick skim of some pages of this thread have decided for me that if I get the X some FX500s would be a good earphone to get with it, so that's what I'm aspiring to at the moment notwithstanding the idea of getting an s9.

Thanks

The fx500's i have at the moment (on loan last month, about to do a swap for them) and they pair up okay with the X, it has a pheanominal depth in the bass department that even after owning my IE8's and SE530's this can be addictive to listen to with the right music for me.
    Not as detailed and balanced as my SE530's or Ie8's but for what they cost you get your money's worth i would say.

You do have to be insane to come on here, it keeps taking money out of my wallet, norhing sane about that! lol

I mean i never thought i would see the day i am seriously contemplating buying a pair of iem's in the 1st Q of the new year for around £600! [​IMG]

12. Installation
    Heh, awesome. Well I must confess at times I'm an utter bass addict... so much so that this does kinda factor into my decision between the s9/X. Besides, I know that when I get my next player + phones that'll be my last purchase until I get custom IEMs really.

13. FortisFlyer75
    Quote:

Heh, awesome. Well I must confess at times I'm an utter bass addict... so much so that this does kinda factor into my decision between the s9/X. Besides, I know that when I get my next player + phones that'll be my last purchase until I get custom IEMs really.

They (fx500's) are renound as been one of the basshead iems around so you can't go wrong there, they have a nice deep rumble to them rather than just a horrible thudy type bass.

The last sentence you typed, - yeah, thats what i said everytime (and most probably everyone else on here also said) when purchasing a Dap/iem's everytime! lol [​IMG]

14. Installation
    Yeah I know that the fx500s were decent for bass, but was really wondering about the x/s9 comparison in that department (I have read quite a few comparisons on here btw) [​IMG]

And hopefully I do manage to resist upgrade urges... after this one [​IMG]

15. Installation
    Double post.

First

Back
174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183
185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194
Next

Last